|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Business Planning and Commercial Licensing organization at Microsoft is responsible for pricing and packaging across Microsoft’s entire commercial portfolio, including its cloud services, client & server software, developer tools, emerging services, and more. It is also responsible for product licensing and licensing programs which govern how customers do business with Microsoft and use our offerings.
As Senior Director of Education Business Planning you will be responsible for understanding the competitive landscape in the education segment and synthesizing Microsoft’s individual products and services for education customers into a cohesive, well-priced, and profitable offer construct that competes effectively in the market. You will work closely with education sales leaders, engineering leaders, and counterparts in education marketing, business planning, and commercial licensing to compose a winning play for Microsoft in the education space.
More specifically, you will:
- Collect input from sales, engineering, marketing and business planning stakeholders on our strengths and challenges.
- Develop and socialize an understanding of the competitive landscape in the education segment.
- Synthesize education offerings spanning Microsoft’s product families that improve our market position.
- Secure executive support for needed changes in education offers, pricing, and licensing.
- Partner with sales and marketing colleagues to ensure that new offers are effectively brought to market.
- Coach and mentor team members in planning, organizing, and delivering high quality work.
This is a strategic role that will help the company develop its approach to education offers.
A successful candidate will draw from many of the following qualifications and skills:
- 10+ years of demonstrated ability in business planning, product management, product marketing, management consulting, corporate finance, or strategic pricing.
- Expertise with business models, business transformation, value-based pricing, or corporate strategy.
- Prior people management experience with ability to recruit and retain top talent including developing other people to be effective leaders.
- Prior experience working in – or addressing the needs of – the education market is preferred, but not required.
- Effective analytical and project/change management skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a broad team, driving successful outcomes with virtual teams.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal acumen to interact with teammates, executives, customers, and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, or equivalent work experience required; MBA/MS preferred.
- Travel is less than 10%.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.