|Location:||Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for high scale services and working with some of Microsoft’s most critical customers? We are looking for a strong, motivated, independent, and energetic Program Manager to drive complex project requirements, cross-team communication, and execution accountability across both technology and business projects within the Office 365 government cloud service offerings.
Office 365 is at the center of Microsoft’s cloud first, devices first strategy as it brings together cloud versions of our most trusted communication and collaboration products like Exchange, SharePoint, and Teams with our cross-platform desktop suites and mobile apps. The Office 365 Enterprise + Cloud team works with Microsoft’s largest enterprise and government customers to deliver features that meet their specific needs and enable cloud adoption. As you would expect, our customers have the highest expectations for feature quality, security, reliability, availability, and performance.
At Microsoft, we can offer you a strong team, exciting challenges, and a fun place to work. The work environment empowers you to have a positive impact on millions of end users.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer, and/or government security screening requirements that are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Candidates must have an active Top Secret and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Engage directly with customers to address questions, ease concerns, offer technical advice, and provide a path forward
- Effectively coordinate incidents across multiple organizations within Microsoft
- Analyze Microsoft 365 data across support, engineering (telemetry) and customer feedback channels to develop and test hypothesis for IT admin and end user experience improvements. Represent the voice of the customer to the technical resources working to resolve issues.
- Tracking and reporting of key issues, and customer satisfaction
- BA/BS or 3+ years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years in a position requiring program management, consultancy, engineering, cloud, or government experience
- Excellent presentation skills - ability to concisely tell a coherent story
- Must effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks to deliver high-level objectives/projects
- Strong reporting and analytics experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to tailor communications to different audiences
- 3+ years in Program or Product Management, Service Delivery Management or Customer Experience
- Demonstrates technical excellence by applying engineering principles to solve complex problems
- Excellent crisis management skills, demonstrating resilience and maintaining a constructive attitude in times of change
- Ability to quickly absorb and apply new concepts
- Great collaborator and team player, building trust and respect with people outside of the immediate team
- ITIL or MOF Certification encouraged
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Highly effective communication and collaboration with customers, partners, and across teams
- Technical aptitude in service design, architecture, and software development
- Experience working with government, defense, or the intelligence community
- Strong analytical skills, combined with a strategic orientation, as well as, an aptitude for solving complex business problems
- Experience managing projects with multiple work streams and partners; demonstrated strategic planning abilities
- End-to-end ownership of commitments with the ability to break down ambiguous problems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.