|Location:||New York, New York|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Software Engineering Manager, PromoteIQ
PromoteIQ provides intelligent vendor marketing solutions for the next generation of e-commerce. Our platform helps retailers implement, automate, and scale their brand-funded digital vendor marketing programs. We sit at the intersection of marketing and e-commerce and have a singular mission of empowering retailers and brands to maximize their e-commerce performance.
PromoteIQ embodies a strong startup culture that values diversity, collaboration and craftsmanship - and above all else, results. Our bias towards execution balances critical thinking, root cause analysis and pragmatic problem solving. We expect a lot from one another and value our thoughtful and intellectually curious company culture.
PromoteIQ is headquartered in New York City and supports a global footprint of e-commerce retailers and brands. The company was acquired by Microsoft in Aug, 2019 and continues to operate as an independent division within Microsoft Advertising. Learn more at https://www.promoteiq.com. This role is based in our SoHo/NYC office.
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. Microsoft Advertising offers a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry. Microsoft Advertising is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle.
Who We’re Looking For
As an Engineering Manager at PromoteIQ, you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams developing next-generation enterprise software for e-commerce and advertising. Through hands-on leadership, you’ll help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements. You will guide architecture, development, delivery, and operation of software products. You will develop processes and apply best practices that will become the foundation of the growing PromoteIQ engineering organization. The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving complex technical challenges to deliver enterprise software products while fostering a collaborative and sustainable team culture.
- Mentor, manage, and grow 1-2 scrums of 8+ engineers working across the stack throughout the software development lifecycle
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects
- Implement a solid project management framework and excellent development processes; champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability
- Work on strategy and help set direction while actively managing day-to-day software development
- Lead effectively by driving for outcomes and not just completion of tasks
- BS/MS/PHD in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team with direct reports
- 2-4 years as a manager of a cross-functional engineering team, managing the SD lifecycle
- 5+ years of experience as a developer, QA, or sysadmin/ops on a software engineering team
- 5+ years experience developing and shipping software products and/or services
- Proven experience leading technical projects and delivering on ambitious goals
- Deep knowledge of engineering processes, their underlying principles and tradeoffs
- Fluency in one or more general purpose programming language including but not limited to: Python, Java, Go, C#, C++
- Experience designing distributed systems for cloud-based microservices architecture
- Strong CS fundamentals in Algorithms and Data Structures
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.