|Location:||Bellevue, Washington, Berkeley, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, we are continuing to expand our efforts in artificial intelligence with a focus on building an Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge. The Artificial Intelligence and Research (AI+R) division is chartered with ensuring that Microsoft remains at the forefront of AI technologies.
As a new and fast-growing team within this organization, we are applying our best AI research and engineering capabilities to new customer solutions in areas of physical autonomous systems (http://aka.ms/as).
Our vision is to lead the autonomous systems tidal wave, empowering intelligence within drones, robots, industrial control systems, etc. Our cloud-based solution encompasses components involving intelligence and simulation, including realistic 3D models of physical world.
We are looking for a Rendering Engineer to join our team and lead our efforts around providing stunning visual experiences for machine learning as well as for human consumption. The role also provides an opportunity to experience and influence related components like computer vision, simulation engines, sensors, physics engines and controllers.
This is a new business area and team members will have an opportunity to work closely with early customers as we define the product, refine its features, and generalize it to support many vertical industries.
- Lead the rendering design to enable visually stunning, accurate, dynamic, scalable and performant visualization of 3D scenes using engines like Unreal Engine and Unity.
- Lead the implementation of rendering solution to ensure fast iterations, modularity, extensibility and testability.
- Lead the rendering roadmap for the team w.r.t. current state-of-art rendering technologies and align with future directions in rendering, including utilizing developments in Machine Learning.
- Work in close partnership with internal and external teams of diverse and talented peers of various disciplines working on 3D experiences.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years professional development experience in C/C++ with an emphasis in computer graphics.
- Experience with modern game engines such as Unreal, Unity or equivalent.
- Experience optimizing both GPU and CPU sides of a rendering engine.
- Strong understanding of computer graphics principles, techniques, and tools.
- Passion for games and technology.
- Strong creative problem solving and algorithm development skills.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with some or all of the following: GPU, DirectX, shaders, OpenGL, Vulkan.
- Excellent technical design, problem solving, debugging and communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.