|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Productivity + Intelligence group in Microsoft Research seeks experienced researchers in artificial intelligence, machine learning, graph learning, social AI, and related fields to join us in advancing research on Social AI in the enterprise aimed at the goals of creating and sustaining resilient organizations, helping people be productive, and enabling individuals to collaborate effectively. We seek senior leaders with demonstrated experience in advancing and applying predictive data-driven machine learned models to social networks. Candidates would join us as we work together with our collaborators in research and product teams on advancing fundamental and applied research in real-world settings.
We offer a vibrant environment for cutting-edge, multidisciplinary, research, including access to diverse, real-world problems and data, opportunities for experimentation and real-world impact, an open publication policy, and close links to top academic institutions around the world.
As a researcher in Microsoft Research, you will have the opportunity to develop your research career as a member of a world-class research organization. You will also have opportunities to see your ideas realized in products and services that will be used worldwide.
- A PhD in computer science or other related field (e.g., statistics, information science)
- 8+ years post-PhD research experience.
- Expertise in machine learning including graph learning and its applications as evidenced by published research in top peer-reviewed machine learning outlets (e.g. ICML, KDD, AAAI, JMLR, NeurIPS, etc).
- Experience working across academic disciplines and across research/product settings; or experience across theoretical and applied settings.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to define an impactful research agenda.
- A well-established research track record as demonstrated by publications, open source software, etc.
- Recognition as an academic leader as evidenced through influential cited publications in peer-review venues.
Please submit a CV.
We also recommend you upload:
- 2 conference/journal publications, book chapters or other writing samples which demonstrate your recent research (published in the last 4 years).
- An academic statement (2-4 pages) that outlines your research achievements, as well as your service and outreach activities and plans (for example, those related to mentoring or diversity)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.