|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft’s cloud platforms and services that millions of people use every day. With more than 95% of Fortune 500 business on Azure, 180 million using Office 365, and millions using other services – all running on Microsoft's cloud infrastructure – CO+I builds and operates the foundation upon which Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and organization comes to life.
We are seeking an individual with compliance and project management experience to support our Assurance Program Management team respond to various compliance related requests. In particular, with an expected increased demand from customers to provide compliance related information and/or to seek to audit us directly, one of your primary responsibilities will be to develop a program to manage and triage customer inquiries. Additional responsibilities could include, working with our privacy team develop an evidence redaction program, provide compliance related subject matter expertise to support internally developed training and/or tool
development, and engaging with our service counterparts (Office and Azure) on various compliance related initiatives.
The ideal candidate should understand the criticality of compliance to Microsoft's success and have experience designing and implementing various audit procedures across large and complex organizations. This individual should be organized, self-motivated, have a strong attention to detail, and robust communication skills to help build and execute initiatives that ensure compliance in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Develop customer facing material to help address commonly asked questions
- Work with privacy to redact evidence prior to customer consumption
- Add, update, and periodically review standard responses CO+I provides to the Office/Azure Tier I support team
- Participate in contractual Statement of Work (SoW) negotiations with customers to represent CO+I on what domains and scope will be covered during customer audits
- Assist with Internal Audit related activities to increase understanding and knowledge of our CO+I teams and processes
In addition, this position requires:
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, global environment
- Ability to embrace ambiguity and changing business requirements
- Ability to speak and present to leadership effectively
- Ability to influence operations and engineering teams with control design and implementation
- Ability to successfully collaborate, drive clarity, and ensure communication between stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in auditing or assurance roles for compliance-related policies, controls, and regulations
- Experience working at a consulting/public accounting firm conducting external audits or a legal background responding to inquiries
- Experience in datacenter compliance
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.