|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Sales Excellence Leader oversees sales execution and lands the company strategy and initiatives though the field sales organization roles. You will partner with OU Leadership team to run the business. You will focus on landing connected customer experience orchestration model by which Enterprise engages. Much of your time (60%+) involves supporting the customer / partners teams and coaching sales managers on Microsoft Sales processes. You will help accelerate partner co-sell on prioritized industry solutions, and review, coach & drive increased sales disciplines with sales managers though their account plans, pipeline management and forecasting processes. A key outcome is to drive growth in the OU supporting Microsoft’s strategy, and by adopting, and reinforcing, our Empowering Success culture. You will help our leaders with quarterly accountability on revenue and scorecard, deliver on the OU’s Azure Consumed Revenue & Customer Adds targets, achieve pipeline coverage targets all-up and by priority, and the percent of industry opportunities thru ISVs, Sis and Services.
As a Partner to the Enterprise Lead Running the Business
- Establish and drive a well-defined, predictable rhythm of the business (RoC), that enforces great discipline in sales and consumption processes and delivers over-achievement of business results through core sales and consumption motions
- Coach and advise on sales motions/strategies for up-sell and co-sell opportunities. Drive awareness to product mix needed to meet targets, meet with customers and partners to generate new business and accelerate the close of existing opportunities
- Coach pipeline discipline leading to healthy coverage and infuse the proper forecast rigor, accuracy and accountability
- Instilling sales process discipline, adherence to standards and excellence in execution while holding sales managers accountable to quality and accuracy
As a Sales Leader Coaching for Growth
- Coach and support Sales Managers on executing our key priorities
- Increase the ease of doing business with Microsoft by escalating, and solving for, customer/partner issues that impede product adoption/growth
- Leverage business insights and transformational leading indicators (TLIs) to benchmark performance and define current and future actions needed to grow the business faster than the overall market
As a Transformational Leader
- Partner with Area Transformation Leads, Area Capability Leads and Business and Sales Operations Team to remove selling time roadblocks and increase seller capability and effectiveness
- Role model the internal transformation from an inspection to coaching culture. Leading sales managers to become more effective coaches to their sellers resulting in increased individual and team capability, employee satisfaction and collaborative selling efforts
- Coach sales managers to drive new Digital Transformation projects through business outcome selling
As the Enterprise Commercial Representative in Fiscal Year Planning
- Segment point of contact for fiscal year preparation & growth initiatives on behalf of the Enterprise Commercial Lead representing EC goals, needs and influencing final decision making
- Partner with BSO on the Segmentation process, provide Enterprise Commercial specific business insights and assess impact of customer movements across segments
- Provide decision making support for the ECL during blueprint process on headcount changes and create business cases on additional headcount requests if applicable.
- Contribute with market understanding, sales territory, segment potential thru the Quota setting process and participate in Sales Manager briefings
- Drive integrated account planning to exceed cloud growth targets and hold sales managers accountable for plan quality and completeness
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Core Competencies: Organizational Leadership, Strong Business Acumen, Strategic Insights, Trusted Advisor, Strategic Sales Planning, Sales Team Leadership
- Professional Competencies: Adaptability, Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Influencing Impact, Judgement, Collaboration, Executive Maturity/Presence, Value Selling, Analytical Problem Solving, Organized & Disciplined, Initiates/Embraces Change
- Experience: 10+ years of related experience in: Senior Sales or Channel Management/Leadership Roles, Business Transformation, Coaching Solution Sales, Strategic Sales Planning, Strong Business Analysis Skills (understands financials, sales processes, scorecards and key performance indicators)
- Education: bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, MBA/Masters a plus with focus on business administration, economics, finance, organizational management, business management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.