|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come shape the way people around the world engage with the Microsoft products and services. As part of Microsoft's recognized Windows and Devices division, the AMC (account.microsoft.com) Core Experiences team enables millions of Microsoft customers to manage their accounts in a delightful "Modern Life" web experience. We are building world-class foundational UX with a focus on reliability, usability, and accessibility, to give our users an inclusive and intuitive set of tools to manage their profile, subscriptions, settings, and more.
As a part of this team, you'll work on user experiences related to user profiles and security settings, overall site navigability, and the component library that is used by our team and several others with the same goals. This job provides an opportunity to:
- Work in an impressive large-scale engineering organization with many talented and welcoming team members.
- Grow your career with fun, thought-provoking assignments, with a blend of individual explorations and collaborations with colleagues and mentors.
- Have a positive impact on the experience of more than 80 million monthly active users, from all over the world and with a variety of backgrounds and abilities, visiting account.microsoft.com to seamlessly manage their accounts, ultimately supporting and building their trust in Microsoft products and services.
You'll be joining a team writing code that powers our web portal account.microsoft.com, which is visited by millions of customers globally a day. You’ll be a technical leader focused on creating features to engage with users, to understand their thoughts, challenges and most delightful experiences with their accounts. We are looking for an experienced web site engineer with a passion for mentorship, customer focus and engineering fundamentals, coupled with technical leadership experience in driving a high-scale, broad scope customer experiences on the web.
- BA/BS degree in CS, related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 1 or more years of engineering technical leadership experience
- 1 or more years of Web UX design and coding experience
- 5 or more years of general design and coding experience
- Great coding, problem-solving, debugging, and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of web-based user experience core technologies such as MVC, REST, HTML, CSS
- Open mind, commitment to teamwork, pride of ownership, and demonstrated customer obsession from feature design to live site management
- Excellent communication skills to drive collaboration across groups and work effectively within the team
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.