|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure Edge + Platform brings together Edge platforms, devices, and services to deliver Edge solutions, operating systems, and engineering systems. Driven by its customers’ needs, Azure Edge + Platform seeks to accelerate growth for Azure, E&D, and Microsoft’s customers worldwide.
The organization’s portfolio spans the Cloud Edge Stack, Azure Engineering Systems, Azure Media Services - for end-to-end media workflow and analytics - and Microsoft’s Operating Systems including the Azure Host OS and Windows. This portfolio impressively powers the world with more than one billion monthly active devices.
On the metrics platform team, we build high scale services that ingest, aggregate, and serve metrics. Our team builds the platform which brings near-real-time telemetry to Microsoft engineers as well as Azure customers around the world.
Our team builds:
Time series databases
Massive scale services
Architectures to solve complex technical challenges
A monitoring pipeline that maximizes throughput while minimizing latencies
As a member of our team, you will participate in all stages of our engineering lifecycle. Developers in the team have the opportunity to wear multiple hats and demonstrate breadth, depth, and leadership.
Are you passionate about cloud computing and building services from the ground up using cutting edge technologies? If so, we have your next position! The team is focused on becoming the industry leading telemetry solution by servicing internal and external customer demands. As a member of our team, you will participate in all stages of our engineering lifecycle - from initial research and discovery, quick iteration on promising concepts, solution prototyping and development, all the way through successful production support. Developers in the team can wear multiple hats and demonstrate breadth, depth, and leadership. You will work with multiple partner teams, deploy on a large scale all around the world.
This position is for someone who is:
- Passionate about distributed systems and building high scale services.
- Enjoys the challenge of pushing big data to real-time latencies.
- Looks to drive innovation within a product and become an industry leader.
- Loves new technological challenges and excels at solving them.
- Excels at identifying bottlenecks and engineering solutions for performance sensitive data pipelines.
- Writes well-crafted, well-tested, readable and maintainable code.
- Participates in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Shares your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience creating, developing, delivering, deploying, maintaining online services
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS or similar cloud computing platforms.
- Solid design and coding skills with a bias for architecture at scale.
- Great communication skills to collaborate cross-group and work effectively within the team
- Prior experience working on C# or building applications on Service Fabric.
- Hands on experience building and maintaining REST microservices.
- Passion for quality with strong customer empathy.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.