|Location:||Bellevue, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Worldwide Incentive Compensation (WWIC) team mission is to Enable Strategy, Motivate Sellers, Reward Results. In pursuit of this mission the team designs and implements variable incentive-based compensation plans for sellers, sales leaders, and consultants across Microsoft. We are experts in Incentive Compensation at Microsoft responsible for aligning incentive plans and targets/quotas to motivate seller behavior and drive the company's strategies. We are also end-to-end owners of incentive compensation processes and data which includes quota setting management, delivering timely and accurate payouts, providing business insights based upon performance of sellers to field/segment leaders and executives, business partnering with the field/segments on Incentive Compensation topics, driving continuous process improvement through review and analysis of incentive compensation performance.
WWIC Implementation team is focused on end-to-end ownership of plan design enablement to ensure all our participants are setup in the appropriate plans and are paid accurately for their performance. As the Business Program Manager for Incentive Compensation Design Implementation, you will lead the implementation of Incentive Compensation Plans for our sellers. This is a critical role and the individual is also expected to play an important role in influencing broader WWIC strategy & direction across business, data architecture, platform strategy that the team pursues on its journey of WW Incentive Compensation team’s digital transformation journey.
- Analyze plan feasibility by assessing financial and systems readiness.
- Conduct compensable metric reviews to ensure governance and compliance requirements are met.
- Ensure proper plan set up by role in our Internal systems.
- Drive the plan exceptions review and setup.
- Ensure segment plan health and manager tier 3 support for seller assignment issues.
- Drive special Incentive programs implementation for incubation projects.
- Manage revenue allocation exception requests working with segment/finance stakeholders.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a finance, compensation, sales strategy and / or sales management role
- Experience in Risk Management and Assessment, evaluating risks for business operations including identifying and assessing control design to optimize for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Outstanding attention to detail with maturity in managing a global program/process across varied stakeholder groups.
- Project Management – ability to scope changes, establish milestones/plans, and drive a team to execute against plans while managing issues, risks, and stakeholder expectations.
- Operations Management – Understanding of critical components of Operational Excellence and how to effectively implement these through execution.
- Global Team Engagement – Experience working with diverse global teams across various time zones.
- Collaboration Skills – ability to work with different functional teams (services field, finance, compensation, HR, etc.) across geographic areas.
- Thought leadership – ability to challenge the status quo and rationalize opposing views to establish value-based recommendations.
- Attention to detail – Ability to dig deep to identify issues or inconsistencies in data.
- Systems Thinking - Ability to understand process/system requirements and limitations.
- Incentive Compensation Background - Prior incentive compensation experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of business including Senior leadership.
- Strong analytical, financial, problem solving, decision making and emotional intelligence skills.
- Ability to develop and implement creative solutions and influence others in their adoption.
- Excellent planning & time management skills, ability to succeed in direct accountability and influence structures.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve conflict and exercise sound business judgement.
- Ambitious, self-starter with the ability to multi-task, manage priorities and reprioritize, as necessary.
- Trusted Advisor - Probes the expressed and unexpressed needs of clients and peers to understand underlying issues.
- Cross-Boundary Collaboration - Seeks support for collaborative activities from peers, upper management; informs workgroups, peers, upper management about how they can be more successful with a collaborative approach in certain areas
- Impact and Influence - Consciously develops influence strategies; anticipates others' reactions.
- Analytical Problem Solving - Systematically considers the implications of problems and solutions in more than one domain at a time and does not solve a problem in one domain in a way that causes a problem in another
- Location: Anywhere US with preference for Seattle area
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.