|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Samsara is searching for a resourceful and ambitious Corporate Counsel to help build a growing legal team. In this role, you will focus on general corporate and securities matters, but take on a broad range of other legal issues, including commercial contracts and product counseling. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in IPO/DPOs and other capital markets transactions, corporate governance, and public company compliance, and is highly self-motivated and capable of managing a big workload. You can take ownership of a vaguely-defined objective and drive it forward to achieve an optimal outcome. Your diligence, judgment, and discretion make you a trusted counterpart in sensitive environments.
This role requires an independent yet collaborative individual who excels in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and who can work across multiple teams. We value individuals who are always willing to consider new ideas and do not fall prey to entrenched modes of thought. We want you to be a force-multiplier; making those around you more effective. You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and are comfortable in stressful situations. You focus on the details, and you also have the broad vision to bring large and multi-stepped projects to completion.
In this role, you will:
- Advise and drive process on all legal aspects of corporate financing transactions, including drafting offering documents, structuring and negotiating key transaction documents, and managing due diligence.
- Participate in various efforts related to corporate development, corporate governance, and potential preparation for public markets.
- Design and implement policies, procedures and controls required for private and/or public company compliance.
- Manage corporate structure, formation and maintenance of domestic and foreign subsidiaries and inter-company relations.
- Answer questions and offer legal advice on a wide range of legal issues across the company, including in many non-corporate areas.
- Exercise initiative and creativity in solving challenges and accomplishing business goals.
- Work with leadership to drive strategic business and legal initiatives across the company.
- Support ad hoc legal requests of almost every size and type.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Attorney in good standing in the United States
- 2+ years of strong capital markets and corporate transactional experience, particularly with IPO/DPOs for high-growth tech companies
- Excellent communicator, project manager, and team player
- Highly proactive self-starter who consistently delivers
- Adaptable, flexible and creative
- Aptitude for maintaining strong working cross-functional relationships
- A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident, mature, and calm under fire
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.