|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Business Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy and we have fun while doing it!
Operations Program Manager
As an Operations Business Architect you are accountable for driving key aspects of Microsoft’s digital transformation, responsible for integrating shared master across the customer, partner and supplier lifecycles. You will drive:
- Business solution design across different lines of business, in collaboration with engineering, business and operations teams in order to achieve a central Organization master, supporting Customer 360 capabilities and experiences for Microsoft’s commercial business.
- Data ownership and accountability through partnership with a broad set of stakeholders ensuring that the data and related processes are defined, measured, controlled and utilized.
Now let’s talk about you. We are seeking a curious, growth-oriented candidate who is passionate about the power of data in both day-to-day operations and in achieving strategic business objectives. You are a team player who embraces continuous improvement, new ways of doing things and a good challenge. You are an excellent listener with strong verbal and written communication skills. You see the big picture, while also being attentive to detail. You also possess a data-driven mindset and can break the complex down into digestible information that can be consumed across a wide audience.
- Accountable for managing change and adherence to governance policies across business and engineering teams and adoption of master data standards across Microsoft’s commercial ecosystem.
- Drive alignment between business teams across the enterprise for a common data model to support the entirety of the customer and partner lifecycle.
- Develop and manage standards and controls required for connected data and ensuring business models and supporting processes effectively support data objectives while accounting for user experiences and overall business goals.
- Accountable for ecosystem wide business design, adhering to strategy to design for a prioritized set of focused investments to collect, manage and connect Customer and Partner data systemically across all aspects of Microsoft’s commercial ecosystem.
- Document scenarios, business requirements, process flows and data flows, managing acceptance criteria for user stories as part of Scaled Agile delivery model.
- Translate solutions into business outcomes and impacts, ensuring that business and technology groups understand the impacts of the decisions and that technical solutions align with business needs.
- Accountable for aligning with stakeholders for a systemic understanding of customer data as it supports critical business processes across all lines of Microsoft’s business.
- Develop metrics and manage scorecard for the initiative in data visualization tools, communicating progress to goals, business impact and supporting strategic alignment to maintain momentum across Microsoft.
- Drive complex data, root-cause and ROI analysis to support business transformation.
- Build, develop and maintain highly collaborative and working relationships with different Line of Business stakeholders and Engineering to influence proactive planning, design, delivery and issue resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field).
- 3+ years of relevant business or technical design experience within Operations, IT, or other relevant roles.
- 2+ years of demonstrated Program Management or Project Management experience preferably in a data operations or technical environment.
- 2+ years experience documenting and modeling busines policies and processes using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Education and Certifications:
- Master’s Degree or MBA (preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field)
- Six Sigma Certification or experience
- Agile Methodology or Scrum Certification or experience
- Business Process Management Certification or experience
- DAMA Certification or experience with master data design and frameworks
- Track record of successful change program delivery for high profile and complex global transformations
- Track record of cross enterprise engagement, breaking down silos and working with others within your team and other organizations to maximize impact
- Proficient working with large data sets (structured and unstructured) and data visualization tools (e.g., SQL, Power BI, power apps, data bricks)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.