|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking to grow to be a creative visionary and a Master of Business fundamentals? Are you looking to flex your creative muscles and tell our story in new and inventive ways? If yes, come join the Microsoft Edge Consumer Go-to-Market (GTM) team. In this role you will help change perception, grow engagement, and ultimately help us win share. The Senior Product Marketing Manager for Microsoft Edge GTM, is a role that calls on your strengths as a creative marketer who can understand and appreciate the history of Microsoft and can cast your mind forward to what could be, as we continue to drive growth for the new Microsoft Edge browser.
The Microsoft Edge GTM team, sits within a broader division - the Modern Life, Search & Devices Team. The Modern Life and Devices Team defines the consumer vision, product management, business plans and go-to-market strategy for the Microsoft Modern Life and Devices business. As one of the company’s largest multi-billion-dollar revenue businesses, the area also includes Windows, Surface, M365, Microsoft Edge and Bing. Microsoft Edge browser is critical to the Modern Life and Devices business. People spend more time browsing the Web on PCs than any other activity in desktop computing. We’re looking for someone who is interested in a high impact role, whose work touches hundreds of millions of customers across PC and mobile daily. If you are excited to work at the cutting edge of web innovation and shaping the evolution of the web, come join one of the most strategic marketing teams at Microsoft facing one of the toughest competitive battlegrounds in tech.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager for Microsoft Edge, you will be responsible for driving Microsoft Edge active preference, driving engagement and winning share. You will be responsible for defining our overarching messaging strategy and core content for every GTM touchpoint, this includes working closely with channel partners, to ensure messaging is cohesive, consistent and breaks through with an experimentation mindset. In addition, you will be responsible for developing innovative strategies, campaigns and partnerships. The ideal candidate is a trailblazer who has strong storytelling techniques, embraces creativity and someone who is not afraid to break conventions and experiment and thrives under ambiguous situations. You are someone who runs toward the challenge of growing consumer adoption and engagement– you love the opportunity to shift the current trendline into a hockey stick.
If change, and driving change, presents itself as an opportunity to you, you have the right mindset. If people, and leading people across teams, are a joy and a privilege to you, you have the right heart. Come meet our team and our leadership team that values integrity, direct communication, thoughtful decision-making, experimentation, and results. Come grab a seat at our table.
As a successful member of this team, you will be required to:
- Lead and execute integrated Go-To-Market (GTM) strategies, increase monthly active users, engaged usage and product sentiment for Microsoft Edge.
- Own messaging end to end, from developing messaging strategy through research and insights to supporting channels and executions through copywriting on a daily basis.
- Define hero scenarios and compelling stories to win hearts and minds of our target audience.
- Live and breathe customer needs research and insights, with a deep understating of customer journeys and market positions.
- Develop innovative strategies, campaigns, partnerships and core content.
- Embraces collaboration with openness to input and perspectives of others.
- Ability to drive clarity in ambiguous circumstances.
- Creative, not afraid to break conventions and experiment.
- Contribute to an exceptional high performing team of future Marketing leaders and be an active member of building an exceptional environment for the team renowned for creativity, ideation and management of GTM deployment.
- Provide positive energy and can-do attitude to creating smart marketing solutions to business outcomes.
- Create exceptional business partnerships with respective stakeholders to understand their business challenges, in order to be able to devise marketing programs that drive the intended business outcome.
- Comfortable with data-driven approaches to decision-making.
- You should have a track record of working with internal and external partners (inclusive of marketing agencies) to execute on your strategies with passion, precision and excellence. You must think creatively about customer/business problems and generate innovative solutions and energy through storytelling. You must have the ability to deal with ambiguity and working across complex organizations.
- Ability to drive change with multiple teams and always represent the voice – needs – and unmet needs – of the customer.
- Experience with building messaging frameworks, copywriting and various consumer research methods, identifying insights and recommending data-based solutions
- Proven ability to partner across large organizations to drive the business forward.
- 5+ years of product marketing, product management or related, marketing experience. Consumer segment and search/Web technologies preferred but not a must.
- Demonstrated creative thinking/developing innovative ideas, analytical skills.
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to drive impact in a collaborative manner.
- Strong collaboration, analytical, critical thinking, and business strategy skills.
- Proven ability to build productive relationships with both technical, design and marketing teams.
- Self-starter able to manage through highly ambiguous situations
- Solid organization, leadership, team-building and negotiation capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) is required. MBA preferred but not required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.