|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is “the productivity and platform company” that enables our customers and partners to thrive in a “mobile-first and cloud-first world”. The US One Commercial Partner Technical (OCP) team is uniquely positioned to help accelerate that vision by delivering transformational app experiences that drive the ecosystem through our partners. We have a tremendous opportunity for a talented, highly technical individual who is not only an authority in building great solutions but loves helping other companies to do the same. Is this YOU?
The Partner Technology Strategist (PTS) drives partner capability and capacity on targeted offerings in collaboration with Microsoft’s broader digital transformation strategy. The PTS is a technical, partner facing role that is accountable for practice development in select partner portfolio, working with them to build technical capability and capacity and partnering to deliver successful solutions. PTSs, in partnership with a team of architects, collaborate on the technical partner engagement including technical readiness, design, development/POC and roadmap. The solutions that PTSs develop with partners drive repeatable customer value and partner profitability. You will have a real passion for and experience in partner and/or customer facing roles leading technical strategy and solution development with senior technical leaders in their partner portfolio.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Focus on new and enhanced Modern Workplace (Teams, Security, Work-From-Home offerings, etc.) Practice & Solution enablement with a named list Microsoft partners.
- For larger, global partners, also assist in developing their Microsoft related practices across Azure and Business Applications (Dynamics), inclusive of professional services, managed services and/or IP. Relevant workloads include Cloud Infrastructure & Management, Application Innovation, Data Platform & Artificial Intelligence, Business Applications, Collaboration, Modern Desktop, Security & Compliance and Cloud Voice.
- Create and execute multi-role, technical readiness plans for strategic portfolio partners.
- Manage requests for additional technical resources and lead virtual teams of technical resources engaged to support offering/IP creation and technical enablement.
- Establish impactful relationships with key technical resources and executives within portfolio partners.
- Continue to grow as a technologist and influencer to gain more strategic commitments from partners and help other teams be successful with their partner’s readiness and related offerings.
- Lead Partner Recruitment - build trusted CXO relationships; manage, accelerate and lead technical commitment and transformation
- Ensure Partner Enablement - build partner technical skills, capacity, and Partner Technology Solutions Roadmap to deliver apps, practices, and hosting built on and committed to the MS platform.
- Drive Business Growth - Grow MS ecosystem of managed partner portfolio driving apps, practices, hosting availability in the US and globally (measured by consumption, usage, adoption across customers)
Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel as is required by the needs of our customers and our business. The position will require you to travel to Microsoft or partner site(s) with expected travel about 25%. Overnight travel may also be required.
Minimum bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems. Will consider related field (or equivalent) experience. Preferred candidates will possess one or more Microsoft Azure certifications.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in consulting or technical sales.
- Security clearance (secret or top secret preferred)
- Strong understanding of Microsoft computing technologies, business drivers and emerging computing trends.
- Partner/Customer/Channel experience, an understanding of business drivers and business models plus demonstrated skill building deep technical relationships with technical leads within customer or partner organizations.
- Able to set and lead the technical vision while balancing business drivers and imperatives to help partners build/extend profitable businesses.
- Experience managing partner technical communities is desirable.
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities in addition to technical depth.
- Experience in removing technology blockers in a matrix organization and enabling the partner’s business.
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both small and medium technical audiences.
- Recognized Subject Matter Expertise in Solution Area Specialty (e.g. Infrastructure, Dev, Productivity Tools, Data/AI)
- Technical Depth in Cloud/Azure technologies
- Technical Breadth across all Solution Areas and Project Management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.