|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Business Development team at Microsoft is looking for a highly motivated individual to help drive platform growth for Xbox through partnerships.
This role demands a strategic manager who can lead key partnerships from initiation through to completion. You will have the opportunity to work across functional teams in Xbox including engineering, marketing, finance, legal, and others, as well as a broad set of stakeholders across Microsoft. In this role, you will serve as a key manager in the Gaming Business Development team and be responsible for driving partnership engagement, operations, and execution success.
The ideal candidate will have business development and management experience and possess excellent collaboration and analytical capabilities with a passion for consumer technology.
Strategy Development: Collaborate with stakeholders across the company (engineering, marketing, sales, finance, legal) in the development of business and product strategy
Transaction Execution: Oversee a deal from start-to-finish, working to identify the opportunities, build the business case, gain approval from business leaders, legal, finance, and execute the deal
Deal Governance: Monitor complex deal performance and track efficacy relative to expectations post-close. Maintain ongoing relationship with partners to ensure commitments are fulfilled
External Relationships: Maintain a network of relationships across the industry with partners, potential partners, competitors, investors, thought leaders. Leverage relationships in opportunity identification and transaction execution.
Partner Management: Manage day-to-day relationships with key global partners and find ways to leverage the partnership to expand internal goals.
Project Management: Lead virtual teams in operational coordination, deal planning, and execution across different organizations. Be a strong communicator and trusted leader in the organization. Develop talent and create a culture in line with Microsoft values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Planning and Strategy: Business strategy and market development expertise with analytical and business modeling skills. Strong 360-degree strategic thinking is critical to success in the role.
- Passion: Create great end-to-end customer experiences, including technology services that open new growth opportunities and innovations in business models and partner alliances.
- Influence: Ability to influence and drive results in a complex and highly ambiguous technical and business environment including ability to communicate and influence all levels from senior executives to working groups and all functions (including engineering, marketing, sales, services, finance, and legal)
- Collaboration: Independently lead cross-disciplinary virtual teams and drive key business development initiatives for moderately complex deals from creation to implementation in partnership with senior Microsoft executives.
- Negotiation and Communication: Ability to think and react in real time while dealing with global partners that have missions that may not align with our own. Finding ways to create that alignment or bridge the gap to create successful long-term partnerships.
- Key interpersonal traits: Motivation, creativity, adaptability, unquestionable ethics and integrity, bias towards data-based decision making, and a willingness to take calculated risks
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- 5+ years of experience in a business discipline which could include experience in business development, consulting, marketing, sales, partner management, finance, legal, or relevant product development/software engineering experience that included external-facing engagement with customers/partners.
- Extensive experience managing external partners in different fields and leverage learnings to identify opportunities.
- Relevant experience in structuring, influencing, negotiating, and managing complex commercial deals and/or acquisitions
- Bachelor’s in business or related field or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
- Ability to develop high-quality PowerPoint presentations
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead through ambiguity and drive towards successful outcomes
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- MBA preferred