|Job Type:||Full Time|
Joining the Microsoft One Commercial Partner team as an infrastructure focused Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) means you will be playing a critical role helping Microsoft Partners to capitalize on the $2.2 trillion-dollar Digital Transformation market opportunity this year – a 60% increase since 2016. Working in OCP means you are shaping the world’s largest ecosystem of technology partners working to digitally transform the world’s most innovative companies, large and small.
As a CSA, your primary responsibility will be to work with Microsoft’s ecosystem partners (Independent Software Vendors, System Integrators, Managed Service Providers, Channel Partners) to enable their success with Azure infrastructure. You will help them plan efforts to migrate products, solutions, and services to the cloud. The CSA is a highly technical partner-facing role accountable for the end-to-end cloud technical architecture and infrastructure deployment experience. In this role, you will own technical partner engagement leading Envisioning Sessions, Architecture Design Sessions (ADS), hackfest and Proofs of Concept (POC) sessions, as well as help partners launch their products, solutions, or services in market.
The ideal candidate will have experience in either customer- or partner-facing roles and have demonstrated success leading technical discussions with senior leaders to facilitate critical business and technical decisions related to cloud infrastructure. Candidates need to possess the ability to effectively and convincingly communicate technical topics with a high degree of autonomy, energy, enthusiasm, flexibility. Success will be measured by the creation of real and measurable business results as evidenced by deploying partner solutions in Microsoft Azure.
Cloud Solution Architect Responsibilities
- Technical Enablement: Jointly develop technical enablement plan for partners.
- Enablement Execution: Lead or contribute to the delivery of workshops, bootcamps, and training events necessary to build the technical skills and expertise of partners.
- Technical Engagement: Lead the execution of deep technical enablement engagements including; Technical Briefings, Proof of Concepts, Architectural Design Sessions, Hackathons to define and bring new solutions to market.
- Technical Acumen: Stay current on technology trends and opportunities, compliance/risk issues by reading, attending webinars, conferences delivered by industry thought leaders such as Gartner, Forrester, and IDC.
- The Participation Economy: Attends Digital Transformation/Technology conferences such as Ignite, re:Invent, SAPPHIRE or KubeCon. Participates on technical panels and user groups and contributes with insights and work that is shared in communities such as MSDN and Channel9.
- Technical Network: Invests in own LinkedIn Profile to promote value, experiences and expertise. Responsible for building an expansive network of partner technical contacts and internal connections including Azure engineering, field Marketing & Operations and peer Architects.
- Technical Pre-Sales: Enable the partner on technical pre-sales skills while supporting initial customer wins.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing infrastructure technologies, business drivers, and emerging trends
- Technical cloud infrastructure experience in one or more of the following Azure services and technologies or equivalent technologies in AWS or GCP: Windows Virtual Desktop, VMware, Cloud networking, storage, cloud compute, config management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible), monitoring (Azure Monitor, Azure Log Analytics, Grafana, Prometheus, ELK), Security (Azure Sentinal, Azure Security Center, Splunk), Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.), DevOps technologies (GitHub, Jenkins), Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery, SAP on Azure
- Expertise with cloud platform migration, modern cloud and hybrid architecture
- Partner experience and understanding of partner business drivers and business models plus demonstrated skill building deep technical relationships with executives and technical leads within customer or partner organizations
- Able to set and lead the technical vision while balancing business drivers and imperatives to help partners build a profitable Azure business
- Ability to build technical and business credibility with senior executives and grow mind share with highly strategic partners
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related degree preferred
- 5+ years success in consulting or technical sales roles, managing multiple stakeholder relationships, generating consensus on decisions, and driving next steps
- 5+ years experience in one of the Cloud Infrastructure specializations below:
Cloud Infrastructure (Open Source or Windows): Compute, Networking, Storage and DevOps, additionally good experience required (2+ years) in Containers, Windows Server or Linux Server Migration Techniques, Resiliency, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, BCDR and Management Tools.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.