|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The Commercial Sales & Marketing Engineering team is working to deliver business-critical BI and Reporting solutions to our Microsoft Commercial Sales and Marketing teams. Our team is working to empower our Sellers and Marketers working directly with our external customers, and to make them more productive through the delivery of insights created with the latest Microsoft data technologies.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Software Engineer with data engineering experience who is eager to solve new problems, learn new technologies, and collaborate across teams to deliver critical value to business stakeholders. If you’re interested in working in a start-up like environment with a unique opportunity to make impact across a wide variety of business areas, then we’d love to hear from you.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to do the following:
- Work with multiple partner teams to implement business relevant BI and Reporting solutions.
- Contribute to and maintain excellent design and development processes
- Design with focus on reliability and resiliency.
- Ability to adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and the industry.
- Support and influence the team culture of being customer centric and continuously improving.
- Champion engineering practices that ensure safe and fast paced releases for our services.
- Flight code changes and drive telemetry and analytics to take a data-driven approach to understanding customer impact.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience.
- 2+ years experience in Software Engineering or Software Development.
- Experience developing on Azure or other cloud providers.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Experience with Agile and DevOps practices such as Continuous Delivery, TDD, and Testing in Production.
- Experience building data pipelines using Azure Data Factory, SSIS, or some other popular data orchestration platform.
- Experience with SQL, or some other data transformation language (Python, R, Scala, etc.).
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Proficient in multi-dimensional data modeling.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Azure Databricks, HD Insights, etc.
- Experience with Power BI or some other popular reporting technology (SSRS, Tableau, etc.).
- Experience with tabular models (AAS, PBI, etc.).
- Experience with scripting / pipeline automation technologies (PowerShell, XAML, etc.).
- Passion for designing solutions focused on Accessibility, Security and Compliance.
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work with ambiguity.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.