|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind the cloud. CO+I is responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
The Datacenter Development (DCD) Project Manager Intern supports the Site Program Manager in complete project delivery across our four pillars of Microsoft Cloud Operation and Innovation’s mission in delivering cloud capacity- Safety, Quality, Schedule adherence, and Cost Management. Day-to-day tasks may include site walks ensuring conformance to the four pillars; review of construction technical documents such as drawings, specifications and submittals; review of project schedule; review of project costs; change management items.
1. Create and/or maintain best practices to identify and incorporate cost-effective solutions
2. Support Sr PM when facilitating client/sponsor decision-making to drive solutions, schedules, and manage change as required
1. Regularly review cost and KPI metrics, invoices, process/policy communications
2. Coordinate meetings and activities of vendors, cost managers, and integration of lessons learned
3. Attend scheduled owner/architect/contractor (OAC) and other project meetings, and report as necessary
4. Support reporting of project progress on scope, schedule, and budget weekly or as required
5. Support Sr PM in providing weekly project status reporting to DCD standards
- In progress degrees and/or professional licenses in Construction Management or Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Architecture
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.