|Job Type:||Full Time|
This position can be based in Reston, VA or Redmond, WA.
Microsoft has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to join the Azure Cross-Domain Systems (CDS) team. Azure CDS enables secure data transfer between enclaves, supporting a wide set of missions within highly regulated industries. We welcome you to meet the team and learn about the complex challenges you can solve with us!
We are looking for engineers to join a fast-paced team and solve complex problems in the domain of missioncritical distributed systems – including APIs, fault tolerance, data partitioning as well as deployment and selfhealing capabilities. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build systems & software which enable a broad set of Azure services to be consumed by customers in highly secured and regulated industries. The systems and software you build will be required to meet the security policy and assurance requirements of both public and private sector customers.
- Build robust new software to support customer use cases in high-assurance computing environments
- Support, troubleshoot, and automate implementation and day-to-day operations of Azure CDS systems
- Engage with Microsoft technical experts, government agencies and the user community to identify and
solve use constraints and common issues
- Work with Microsoft technical experts to investigate integration of new technologies
- Work closely with security assessment teams to ensure compliance with security standards
- Travel expectation: 0-25%
- 3+ years developing code, preferably in C/C++, Java or C#
- BS+ in CS, CSE or related field, or equivalent experience
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Strong development experience in all phases of the product lifecycle
- Passion for understanding and improving, large, complex systems, and improving overall developer
- Excellent collaboration skills within and across teams
- Passion for or experience building highly scalable, highly available software and services
- Experience creating, developing, delivering, deploying, maintaining online services
- Experience with multi-threaded/parallel programming
- Ability to debug and optimize code, and automate routine tasks
- Deep understanding of the OSI model and separation of networks
- Knowledge / expertise in systems security engineering
- Understanding of STIGs, 800-53 controls, and Risk Management Framework (RMF)
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.