|Location:||Bellevue, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about Microsoft’s digital transformation and field transformation? Are you a fanatic of helping others scale? Are you good at translating business strategies to business insights (BI) through sales and marketing data? Would you want to get corporate experience after a field role? If so, this is the job for you!
Worldwide Marketing & Operations (WWM&O) consists of Sales Operations, Marketing Planning & Operations, Strategy (including Compete), Community Leadership and Worldwide Incentive Compensation. Our mission is to drive cross-company insight and execution excellence, bringing strategy and priorities to life.
The Sales BI team in World Wide Marketing & Operations (WWM&O) Sales Operations organization is looking for a field BI program manager to help field leaders, managers and sellers scale using Business Intelligence and MSX Insights as the “single version of the truth” to run and grow their businesses.
The WWM&O Sales BI team is chartered with delivering consistent, reliable and accurate insights that enable Microsoft salesforce to meet company cloud growth strategies and goals. This involves close partnership with a few key groups including Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB) solution areas, segments, and product groups to define standardized views, metrics and data that align to company strategies and desired cloud growth. This requires a deep understanding of the business processes and underlying information to ensure appropriate, high quality and effective solutions are built and adopted. Additionally, this team partners closely with the Field Transformation Office (FTO) and CSEO to package and land new BI scenarios in the field as a part of the Empowering Digital Success (EDS) Simplified Tools pillar. Furthermore, this team provides governance and thought leadership to mature Microsoft’s usage of BI as a key enabler to growth and productivity.
The Field BI Program Manager is expected to have a deep understanding of Microsoft businesses and sales field knowledge along with experience in Business Intelligence (BI) solutions. The Lead will be the primary connection point between our corporate BI team and our field sales leaders, sales excellence leads, and Business and Sales Operations (BSO) BI leads, to ensure that we deliver a high impact BI service with a high degree of relevance and SLA. The role will help our field realize the value of our BI investments by deeply engaging with the field and understanding business process differences, differences in standards and definitions, training gaps and BI solution gaps. They will partner with teams to consolidate and validate field requests in the time zone, work with the corp BI team to rationalize and prioritize for development, communicate with the time zone on development roadmap, and work with the FTO Area Transformation Leads, and CSE Area Change Leads to drive MSXi usage so that the field will use “single version of the truth” to scale.
The Field BI Program Manager must have experience in translating business needs into information and data requirements and partnering with BI “builders” to deliver the right insights to meet these needs. It is important that this role develop a deep understanding of sales-related data and how this is used to drive specific metrics and outcomes in the business. As a core function of this role, the candidate must be able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical delivery partners and business leaders to set appropriate expectations, align needs and technical solutions and continually drive service improvement in our field facing BI service offerings.
This role will be accountable for a mix-shift of local spend away from report building and platform operations in favor of analysis and driving business change. The role will focus on ensuring we provide a high NSAT service, while quickly evolving our BI capabilities to provide the right insight to the field to drive our sale operations, rhythm of connects, and coaching culture.
Core job responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Lead field role-based BI experience so that MSXi surfaces the most relevant and streamlined BI and reports for key roles in the field covering all leader, manager and individual seller roles,
- Contribute to field BI standardization by increasing field use of MSXi and retiring of both corp-produced and local reports with low usage, prioritization of field requests and suggestions, and working with BI leads to deliver those views,
- Drive alignment with field BI community through monthly A14 field BI community calls, engagement with EUS FED community,
- Take on development work in PowerBI in support of strategic initiatives.
To be successful in this role, candidates should possess as many of the following skills/ experiences as possible:
- At least 6 years of broad business experience, including finance, BI, sales operations, or sales excellence.
- Field sales excellence, operations and business management knowledge (e.g. Pipeline management, Sales Forecasting, Performance Management, Revenue Attainment, etc.),
- Strong presence and communication skills to provide leadership to our field stakeholders
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated experience in helping envision and utilize BI solutions to drive business impact, especially in the Commercial Sales space
- Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to influence stakeholders
- Experience in connecting multiple services/teams in a way that provide a seamless customer experience
- Ability to act as a liaison between business stakeholders, technical architects/SMEs and development teams to ensure successful technical fulfillment of business requirements
- Working knowledge of analytic techniques, structured approaches to problem solving, financial analysis and business strategy
- Thrives in and can drive results in a complex, multi-site, multi-stakeholder environment; and who loves the creativity, energy, and enthusiasm of a fast, collaborative, innovative team
- Location: Anywhere US with preference for the Bellevue area.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.