|Location:||Fargo, North Dakota|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions.
The Digital Sales organization is a newly formed organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage. Does the opportunity to work collaboratively with customers and partners to solve their business challenges make you tick?
As an Digital Sales Representative – Demand Response, you will work directly with customers, your sales team, and implementation partners to achieve quarterly and annual sales quotas. In this role, you will be closing net-new business as well as fostering a positive and collaborative experience with prospects to learn about, engage with, and implement Microsoft products. You will hold business conversations with these customers to understand their needs and identify opportunities that meet the minimum qualification criteria for sales. You will be equipped with best-in-class tools that enable highly efficient and accelerated sales activities. By applying best-in-class sales skills, you will identify new prospects and grow business relationships with companies across all industries and verticals.
- Engage with customers across industries, company sizes and types to determine their needs and identify opportunities to fulfill their needs with Microsoft's leading cloud technologies
- Identify and explain how businesses across industries, company sizes and types can meet a new bar for excellence and reinvent themselves to compete in the next decade by embracing Microsoft’s technologies
- Position competitive offerings and solutions in the context of customer needs and experiences; provide technical product overview and insights pertinent to customer need and usage scenarios
- Demonstrate verbally, in writing and through live product demos, how customers can capture value and envision their future with Microsoft’s technologies
- Effectively turn prospects and qualified leads into opportunities and revenue pipeline by filtering them through different criteria, e.g. BANT (budget, authority, need and timeline)
- Be the first contact point for many customers, deliver a strong first impression and set the foundation for long term customer relationship
- Quarterback sales from lead to purchase; be the main point of contact for Microsoft's customers, leading the sales strategy, overcoming objections and negotiating success
- Meet and exceed targets for net-new revenue and sales pipeline, as well as a monthly and quarterly forecast for cloud solution usage and sales; accurately forecast sales, pipeline and usage for the products and solutions in your scope
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic teaming environment with Technical Solution Professionals, Inside Sales Representatives, and Sales Excellence to effectively manage opportunities and pipeline through the sales cycle
- Leverage social, digital, video, chat, phone and demonstration environments to effectively reach, sell to and manage Microsoft customers maintain high daily activity, minimum ~60-90 activities/day
- Present action plans and results to management and use appropriate escalation techniques to stay on top of goals and objectives
- Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience
- Minimum 1 year sales/customer service experience with a proven track record of success
- Must be willing to work from or relocate to Fargo, ND for this role
- Experience working with or selling Azure, Office 365, Dynamics 365 or similar solutions
- Familiarity with modern sales techniques and tools is a bonus, including experience from retail sales, corporate internships, or entrepreneurial programs
- Sales/customer service relationship background, telephone experience
- 4 year degree
- A self-starter with a track record of outstanding performance and achieving goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral, written and verbal communications skills. Ability to successfully communicate with contacts via the phone, email, video and presentations
- Desire to work in a competitive environment where one’s growth potential is driven by one’s abilities and attitude
- General knowledge of the IT industry, with the capacity to learn and retain knowledge about individual products and business solutions quickly and accurately
- Achievement and success-driven personality, motivated by performance rewards for exceeding annual sales goals through strategic sales leadership and strong cross business collaboration
- Solid time management skills and ability to work independently or under supervision with a high level of integrity
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications; Dynamics CRM or other CRM experience is a bonus
- Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.