|Job Type:||Full Time|
Bing has changed the search world for the better. We’re helping people break free from search overload and enabling them to get things done. We serve billions of transactions via services hosted on hundreds of thousands of servers across multiple geographically distributed datacenters, balancing service resiliency, performance and cost, while driving increased user engagement through great new features. As part of Bing Data Platform Team, you will develop software to build big data pipeline and distributed data warehouse. Your will leverage Azure, open-source technologies like Spark, Kafka, OLAP database and etc to perform complex analysis of high-volume data with high dimensionality. You will work closely with peer developers, designers and partner teams to quickly generate and iterate on designs. You will then implement performant, high quality code, along the way collaborating with senior leaders to help define the overall architecture of the product. You can expect us to continually support your growth and always value your insights and contributions. Our goal is to not only build great products, but great engineers, who can deliver features to our customers which truly change their lives.
- Design and implement new software features, build big data platforms and distributed data warehouse for metrics and business analysis
- Through experimentation, evolve and improve existing features and designs.
- Collaborate with members of your team and partner teams.
- Have fun, working in a diverse team of passionate professionals.
- 5+ years of product development experience, in C#/C++ or Java and scripting in PowerShell or Python
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Great communication skills, capable of building and maintaining relationships with a variety of people on other teams
- Experience with online distributed systems or database
- Passionate and self-motivated
- Experience with Azure, AWS, Google cloud
- Experience with open-source technology
- Experience working with big data processing
- Ability to deal with ambiguity to prioritize issues.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.