|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come be part of 343 Industries! Make your mark on Halo Infinite, and join us on our journey through the Halo universe. https://www.343industries.com/studio.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to join the 343 Core Services team. Our team owns the cloud services that all Halo games past, present and future are built upon. The systems we build power a wide range of experiences like character customization, multiplayer, challenges, user generated content, player stats, etc.
In this position you will be responsible for driving many Core Services features across the board, and partner up with multiple teams and disciplines within the 343 Industries game studio, as well as the larger Gaming organization. You will foster collaboration between our engineers and our partner teams, distill into specific and actionable work, and drive that work forward in collaboration with all involved.
Join us and help chart our path forward in building services that:
- Can power exciting and compelling end-to-end experiences
- Are reliable, available, serviceable, and can work at high scale
- Comply with safety, security, and privacy standards
- Are built with up-to-date processes, tools, features, and infrastructure that allow us to ship with high quality and high ROI
As a Senior Technical Program Manager on our team we’d like you to be a leader who can exemplify our game studio’s values and:
- Be effective in product management, planning, and producing technical requirements that can be consumed by our engineering team and translated into clear plans of action.
- Negotiate between engineering, producers, design, marketing and other disciplines to build short- and long-term roadmaps in alignment with product leadership and the overall product release schedule
- Manage and track multiple dependencies within the game studio, as well as external ones like PlayFab, Xbox Live, and Azure. Engage and ensure alignment around what we need and when it will land.
- Gain understanding of how cloud services we build power experiences in our games and other user experiences, and over time provide leadership in the space
- Effectively represent Core Services interests in design, production, live ops, and engineering forums
- Establish and improve processes that allow Core Services engineers to efficiently and effectively plan and track their work
- Lead multiple teams in sprint and milestone planning, executing and closing down sprints and releases, as well as clearly communicating status in workstreams and to stakeholders
- Make balanced trade-off decisions alongside engineering as necessary
- Learn and be curious about our customers, technology, and systems and games we build
Required Experience and Skillset:
- 5+ years of professional technical program management or technical producer experience
- Understanding of cloud technologies and web services
- Strong technical aptitude and analytical skills
- Ability to come up-to-speed quickly on a new technical domain
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and across disciplines as a contributor or leader
Preferred Experience and skillset:
- Experience shipping web services at scale
- Experience working in the game industry
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.