|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
As a Material Planning Analyst, you are responsible for;
- Responsible for all planning activities and some purchasing activities, new product sourcing, and supplier development relating to key intercompany/3rd party suppliers across multiple product lines.
- Responsible for maintaining the production plan to ensure parts are built on time to meet the customer’s request dates.
- Manage purchase orders with suppliers based on material requirements driven by MRP/Pull messages in relation to customer orders, inventory target levels and forecasts.
- Must be familiar with, comply to and manage personal duties and tasks filtered through the “purchasing controls” requirements, guidelines, and restrictions of the following quality groups & regulatory bodies: FDA, CE/MDD, ISO13485, AS9100C, ISO9001, Conflict Minerals, RoHS, REACH and Export Compliance.
- Produce and document cost savings through purchasing negotiations and finding new, innovative materials and methods.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding pre-established procurement and production goals.
- Assists in selecting and evaluating suppliers. Develop alternate sources, evaluate vendor performance and delivery schedule.
- Set and monitor key inventory levels in MRP, Pull and MPS databases
- Support new materials development efforts by researching and securing suppliers, getting quotes, and communicating quote results to the cross-functional team.
- Assist in master planning by taking long and short-term viewpoints for production scheduling, capacity planning, and inventory planning.
Click here to learn more about Life at TE
- BS Degree or a combination of education and experience in purchasing/supply chain mgmt. field.
- Ability to understand and utilize MRP II theory and applications.
- Basic computer skills – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, data entry.
- SAP Experience preferred
- CPM or APICS CPIM certification preferred
- Must be US person or PRC holder due to access to products and technology controlled under the ITAR & EAR
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and knowledge of inventory practices a must.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal, persuasive and organizational skills.
This position is located at our Hampton, VA site.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups