Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Manages and represents multiple and occasionally complex business activities, spanning cross-functionally in terms of expertise and contributions. Demonstrates critical thinking and perspective in problem-resolution. Evaluates facts and circumstances to derive conclusions and influences decision-making through effective communication. Engages and leverages relationships to achieve end-to-end results. Ensures the design and operating effectiveness of the control environment over the areas of responsibility. Applies judgement for the appropriate application of Corporate Policy, GAAP Regulation, or established framework. Demonstrates accountability and leadership in the advancement of priorities, independent of management oversight.
- Utilizes process expertise and incorporates end-to-end vision to coordinate stakeholders and provide support for finance and company initiatives. Acts as liaison to internal and external business partners within the scope of project requests. Routinely assist others within and outside the department by sharing and demonstrating subject matter expertise unique to role by advancing more technical concepts and problem solving with greater managerial independence.
- Works with business partners to understand project scope and how that scope will impact finance disciplines. Ensures appropriate awareness and facilitates continued involvement of finance stakeholders. Interprets data to understand relevant operating model within the context of project-related procedures and policies
- Compiles tracking and reporting of statistics for presentation to executive leadership and Project Council in order to facilitate awareness or exposure of potential risks to projects or finance organization.
- Promotes a risk-aware culture, and ensures efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Provides project management direct support for specific high-priority projects, including stakeholder and communication management, project risk management, business technology, and vendor engagement. Facilitates requirements definition for Finance impacted areas.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in project management, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in financial analysis, project management, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- PMP Certification
- Management Consulting experience
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.