Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Responsible for serving as an internal consultant that evaluates emerging business development opportunities in the business. Conducts detailed analysis to identify and evaluate performance improvement opportunities.
- Co-develops work plans, executes work-streams, and develops fact-based recommendations for strategic problems.
- Executes against ad hoc leader’s requests.
- Develops a credible fact base and/or business plans to substantiate strategic recommendations.
- Serves as a thought partner to the rest of the executive team.
- Co-develops and implements strategies (ranging from broad, division-wide initiatives to a more targeted Business Unit-specific recommendations), supports business planning, explores business development opportunities, and contributes to clear and concise presentations for senior leadership.
- Drives continual improvement through process discipline and innovation.
- Proactively identifies and acts on business opportunities and challenges. Anticipates risks and plans for contingencies.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts, Business, Science, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Financial Services, Management Consulting, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Financial Services, Management Consulting, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Finance, Operations, Engineering, MBA, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Financial Services, Management Consulting, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.