|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Manufacturing Engineer 2 is responsible for developing fixtures managing processes and executing LEAN manufacturing technique. Responsibilities include planning, executing and managing projects to completion through deployment of lean principles and techniques utilizing Lean and Six Sigma tools to introduce continuous process improvements and cost reductions. The Manufacturing Engineer 2 must be capable of working independently and in a team environment and effectively communicate with Department Mangers, Engineering, Production and other departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design complex Tooling, Jigs, Fixtures, and Functional Gauging utilizing Solid Works. Involves analyzing requirements and designing items to accomplish desired purpose
- Support Design Engineering to ensure Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) methods.
- Lead value stream mapping exercises to determine and record business improvement areas.
- Develop and implement Value Stream Maps project plans of Current State to achieve Future State.
- Optimize work flow and cell designs for production cell throughput.
- Deploy lean principles and techniques utilizing Lean and Six Sigma tools to introduce process improvements and cost reductions
- Develop standard work procedures and line balancing for productivity.
- Develop and sustain employees training and development on lean concepts.
- Identify and implement product redesigns to standardize parts, reduce material cost, or improve manufacturability and quality.
- Measure and manage process capabilities using Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Establish routings and determining Tact Time for production projects
- Perform time studies, line balance and eliminate non-value added operations
- Produce, maintain and track SOPs and standard work as required. Train personnel as required
- Bachelors of Science degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering plus 5-7 years applicable experience or proven performance.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification a plus.
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical designs, subassemblies and manufacturing processes
- Formal training/certification in lean manufacturing.
- Proven experience in implementing six Sigma and lean manufacturing tools in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of facilitating and training a technical work force.
- Strong knowledge of MRP and Microsoft Office software and particularly spreadsheet applications.
- Detail orientated.
- Strong ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Specific knowledge of MRP
- Knowledge of PPAP and FMEA a plus
- Strong computer skills and knowledge in CAD and all Microsoft Office applications.
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment
- Effectively communicate with department managers, engineering, production and other departments
- Team player, proactive and willingness to attend to small details.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.