|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for leading activities to develop, implement and manage the manufacturing processes and testing related to the design of pressure sensor products. Provides technical leadership/guidance and assumes responsibilities for maintaining and improving existing manufacturing processes and test equipment for production lines. The Sr. Manufacturing Engineering implements, deploys and manages lean manufacturing principles and techniques utilizing Lean and Six Sigma tools to introduce process improvements and reduce costs. Leads cross function manufacturing teams and functions as a core team leader for manufacturing activities including the liaison between Design Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and managing the manufacturing processes and testing related to the development of sensor products.
- Support Design Engineering with processes as related to Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Interface with product development team on all product introduction and process changes
- Set clear tasks and targets to improve performance; plan and implement solutions
- Analyze and solve problems to ensure continuous improvement within the cell to improve costs, lead-times, quality, process capability and productivity
- Develop tooling and fixtures as required.
- Develop and maintain time studies and routings
- Measure and manage process capabilities using Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design for Experiment (DOE) methodologies
- Assist Quality Assurance and Production Managers to establish the appropriate quality level for all prototype, pre-production and production
- Establish routings and determining Tact Time for production projects
- Perform time studies, line balance and eliminate non-value-added operations
- Assist in implementing and managing the deployment of lean principles and techniques utilizing Lean and Six Sigma tools to introduce process improvements and cost reductions
- Produce, maintain and track SOPs and ECOs as required. Train personnel on new or revised SOPs.
- Observes and complies with all company policies and procedures including confidentially of information
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering plus 5-7 years applicable experience or proven performance.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification a plus.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing Practices & Methodologies (Kaizen, 5S, Value Stream Mapping) and line balancing
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical designs, subassemblies and manufacturing processes
- Proven experience in implementing six Sigma and lean manufacturing tools in a manufacturing environment.
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment
- Effectively communicate with department managers, engineering, production and other departments
- Team player, proactive and willingness to attend to small details.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.