|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product.
- Work within a global multidisciplinary team environment as Product development Engineer to design and develop functionally robust and cost-effective products / processes to meet customer and market needs
- Drive the development and release of product, scale-up through stage-gate reviews, ensuring milestone commitments are maintained, and stakeholder reporting is completed
- Complete product verification using simulation / prototype testing and final product qualification testing. Where needed drive failure analysis and implementation of corrective actions
- Work with safety agencies, foreign and domestic, for product compliance
- Collaborate on continuous improvement initiatives using TEOA / Digital methodologies
- Present projects at technical reviews, updates and decision forums
- Work with global manufacturing resources, procurement, and outside suppliers to meet all TE technical, quality and cost objectives
- Experience in design and development of interconnection products using complex precision components
- knowledge of associated manufacturing processes (molding, stamping, plating and assy)
- Knowledge of materials, finishes and contact physics related to interconnection design
- Knowledge of wire termination techniques (crimping, soldering, welding etc.)
- Hands on experience of simulation (Ansys or similar) and rapid prototyping for product verification
- Experience of testing requirements and techniques for product qualification
- Knowledge of Voice of Customer, Design to Value, Design for Six Sigma and LEAN Manufacturing (Green Belt in Six Sigma is desirable).
- General knowledge of industry specifications such as UL, IEC, and EIA are desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, ability to communicate Globally at all levels internally and externally
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage projects with minimal supervision. This includes multiple projects and multi task situations, with the ability to prioritize, set and achieve goals
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.