|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a skilled developer who would like to team up with an awesome group of engineers and build services on the Game Pass Solutions team?
Game Pass is a fast-growing subscription based offering for Xbox games. We have scenarios that span across Cloud, Mobile, PC and Console and we do whatever it takes to deliver value and great experiences to the customer at a fast pace. The Solutions team is specifically responsible for delivering features by reusing existing microservices or creating new services from the ground up. Collaboration is key to the success of Solutions team and you’ll partner with a diverse set of teams to accomplish these goals, including services teams in Xbox Live and Iris, platform teams on the Xbox console and Windows, Universal Store, Developer Platform, xCloud and many more. We love to experiment and embrace new technologies as we see fit, hence ability and desire to pick up new platforms and excel with them is a huge plus. We are customer obsessed and most of our day-day decisions are driven by that motto. If you thrive on a variety of technologies, a nimble team, and share our passion for customer then this is the team for you!
We are hiring an experienced Software Engineer to help us manage/build Game Pass Services that power various scenarios and experiences across Mobile, PC and Console clients.
In this position, you will be part of a fun-loving, diverse team that seeks challenges, loves learning and values teamwork. You will collaborate with team members and partners to build solutions that span across multiple services in a dynamic and agile environment, and have opportunities for mentorship, career growth, and work on high-business impact areas.
- Collaboration – Many of our scenarios span across services and clients and so the ability to work well with others, both within an immediate team by coaching and guiding them, as well as across other teams in Gaming, an ability to collaborate effectively is a core competency to have.
- Drive For Results - Being able to drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility, but following a problem through to its conclusion, to solve it for the gamer by being the customer advocate, and solving it for Gaming division, is a skill and ability which a successful engineer should exhibit.
- Technical Excellence - Core to an accomplished software engineer, ability to learn about the gaming space, work closely with the PM team and contributing to the shaping of the scenarios, leveraging good service principles and leveraging industry standards including C++, C# , .Net core, Cosmos DB and other cutting edge technologies like ML is key. Ability to look at the problem space and architecting solutions that help us with both short-term releases and prepare us for long term scale with our rapid customer growth, and deliver innovations is a must-have. Technical excellence is rooted in having a strong demonstrable aptitude for problem solving.
Our culture values open-respectful dialog, peer mentorship and team reflection in the spirit of continual growth and progression. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate this broad set of attributes well.
- 8-10 years professional programming experience, most of it building online services with knowledge of service principles
- Outstanding problem solving, design, coding, and debugging skills with at least one major language C++, C#, .Net Core
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Ability to assume end-to-end ownership of large features and initiatives
- Ability to serve as a strong leader and mentor
- Passion for investing in and growing the careers of others
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of building services, features and functionality on time, at extremely high quality
- Self-driven, proactive, results-oriented with the ability to work with minimal direction
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.