|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? We focus on bringing to life Microsoft experiences with touch first computing. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation and we need you!
We're looking for an experienced Senior electrical engineer with a proven track record of designing and shipping high-volume consumer electronics products. In this role, you will work to conceive, design, evaluate, and produce new category of personal wireless audio. You’ll also be expected to have experience working with contract manufactures to produce prototype and production hardware.
- Design schematics and drive layout for PCBAs
- Integrate custom and off the shelf components
- Validate circuits and electrical subsystems
- Ability to generate requirements and work cross functionally with Mechanical, Audio, RF, DFX, MTE and Validation engineers
- Break down complex issues and collaborate across cross-functional teams to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Work with internal and external partners to develop project documentation including specifications, schedules and presentations to meet requirements and communicate the product design to internal and external partners.
- Be a key voice in assessing technical feasibility and program risk associated with the EE sub-system, and clearly communicate to teams across the management chain.
- Five or more years of experience in electrical engineering
- Demonstrated start-to-finish design skills with industry-standard schematic entry, PCB layout & Gerber tools
- Experience with using electrical design tools (such as Orcad, Allegro, Altium, etc.), schematic design and PCB layout (including multi-layer), impedance control, surface mount PCBs and related software packages
- Extensive experience designing & integrating EE systems such as analog, digital, power & RF systems
- Strong debugging skills, including the use of common test and measurement equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.) to debug complex electronic circuits
- Experience with embedded systems design and strong knowledge of common digital communication interfaces (USB, SPI, I2C)
- Experience working with various sensors (Cap touch, hall sensors, proximity sensors, etc)
- Extensive experience on audio design (acoustics, electro-acoustic, DSP)
- Experience working directly on-site with contract manufacturers
- A proven track record of designing and shipping high-volume consumer electronics products
- Experience working on rechargeable battery designs
- Experience working on Regulatory compliance testing (e.g. FCC/CE/UL)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.