|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft 365 Modern Workplace Transformation (MWT) team has a vision to establish a trusted platform that enables productive and healthy enterprises in a world of digital and remote everything, constantly changing work patterns and norms, and the need for organizational resiliency. We aim to solve our customers’ end-to-end business problems by enhancing Microsoft 365 tools like Teams to address specific business processes, measure the impact on core business outcomes and KPIs, and help organizations improve individual and team productivity and wellbeing.
This Group Engineering Manager will be responsible for developing the technical strategy in association with an Architect and leading the execution for Microsoft to support our customers and partners through this next era of digital transformation, inclusive of Healthcare. This leader and their team will partner with existing Microsoft product teams, cross functional teams like corporate strategy, and more broadly with customers and partners outside Microsoft. This is also a great opportunity for someone who likes to dig in at a product and technical level and work on build out their team.
You will have as siblings, other teams in the Modern Workplace Transformation – Verticals team. Among the industries/segments we are targeting: Firstline Workers (1B+ worldwide), Regulated Industries (Health Care, Finance, Government), Unregulated (Retail, Manufacturing and more).
We are a group of supportive team players, working in a fast-paced agile development environment. We regularly collaborate with other seasoned engineers across Microsoft while learning a ton and working on a variety of technologies. We embrace a culture which is customer focused, delivers continuously, drives engineering excellence, is collaborative, fun loving and iterative. We are a diverse team, and we embrace people from all backgrounds, to help us build the best collaboration tool for all workers in the world.
- Lead teams of engineers to build scalable features/scenarios (web and mobile)
- Mentor and grow the engineers and leaders on your team.
- Build a high functioning engineering org which focuses on quality of delivery by doing the right thing for all stages of a component/feature lifecycle.
- Lead the technical architecture and delivery of complex projects, interfacing with product, design etc.
- Collaborate with product managers to layout and manage the feature execution and rollout plan.
- Responsible for the quality of the features that ship to customers and for the live site when they are in production.
- Make technology and design decisions to deliver performant experiences.
- Collaborate with your engineering peers and with the larger organization to reuse/contribute code/stack components where applicable and feasible
- Creates an inclusive and fun work environment where every employee engages effectively.
- Cares deeply about growing people, is an excellent coach, and acts as a role model.
- Be an active member of the Engineering leadership and help set and drive direction on key initiatives.
- 2+ years leading multiple Engineering teams.
- 7+ years of experience leading an Engineering teams.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field.
- Track record of delivering innovation and results, leadership and collaboration.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically.
- Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies, service operations at scale, and ability to go deep in technical areas.
- Experience with DevOps environments.
- Working on cross team/org projects
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.