|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
*****We are currently hiring multiple Program Directors within Microsoft US Consulting Services *****
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft Consulting Services helps Microsoft customers around the world achieve the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Microsoft cloud technologies. We focus on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.
The Program Director enables both Microsoft and Customer outcomes through orchestration of delivery teams. The Program Director leads Microsoft Consulting Services largest and most complex global programs across the delivery lifecycle, using their executive expertise to remove barriers and deliver successful outcomes.
The Program Director is a key Microsoft Consulting Services role in managing a successful engagement, maintaining program health, and leading a team of delivery professionals.
The selected Program Director candidate will:
- Demonstrate proven leadership skills, with intuitive people skills and a strategic mindset.
- Have a proven track record of supporting the presales efforts and subsequently successful end to end delivery of multi-million-dollar ($30M+) programs.
- Have a proven successful track record delivering complex programs, within a global community to realize customers digital transformation objectives.
- Have a proven track record in leading successful recovery efforts on programs that are failing to deliver on customer outcomes.
We are a team of exceptional people who deliver world-class professional consulting services in the most challenging of scenarios. We earn customer confidence, trust, and loyalty by improving the overall customer and partner experience.
As a member of the Azure Cloud and AI team you are expected to:
- Provide leadership and direction to orchestrate the overall delivery of highly complex global programs.
- Steers the customer through complexity by providing clarity and keeping the ultimate customer business outcome as the primary goal. Anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of our customers by acting as the “Voice of the Customer” during delivery.
- Demonstrate proven experience to foster and manage successful relationships with senior executive stakeholders aligning expectations and achieving successful program outcomes.
- Lead effective executive stakeholder management practices.
- Partnering with Microsoft Area Account teams, drive Customer Steering Committees to successful outcomes.
- Orchestrates the delivery ecosystem across a varied environment of technology and partners, connecting cross-functional, global, and virtual project teams to deliver a successful program.
- Hold a solid understanding of business financial practices and a deep understanding of program financials, proactively oversees robust financial governance.
- Manages and facilitates client problem and solution escalation process serving as a liaison with Microsoft Senior Leadership to ensure effective resolution.
- Role model our Leadership principles demonstrating allyship and creating an inclusive environment oriented to trust, accountability, open communication, and creative thinking.
- Continually demonstrate a growth mindset, acquiring new skills whilst maintaining your development and adaptability.
- Ongoing demonstration of thought leadership and presence in WW project and program management professional communities, both internally and externally.
- Travel can vary based on country and customer locations and may be up to 100%.
You will participate as part of an integrated team responsible for:
- Champion Cloud Consumption by partnering across organizational units to create a One Microsoft experience for our customers, while seeking opportunities in delivery to maximize our customer and Microsoft business goals.
- Demonstrate a high level of political sensitivity in anticipating customer reactions and partnering across organizations to effectively mitigate, evaluate and resolve customer requests or concerns.
- Identifying further opportunities to maximize the customers investment or progress towards further desired business outcomes.
- Demonstrate analytical thinking into achieving even greater benefits and share insights, customer experiences and lessons learned into Microsoft Leadership, driving a cycle of continuous improvement, evolving our engagement with customers.
- Participation in the pre-sales process - approximately 10% of the time.
- Program execution - approximately 80% of the time.
- Building capability in Microsoft Project Management - approximately 10% of the time.
- 10-15 years minimum program management experience on large/complex Projects ($30M+ in budget)
- Solid track record of achieving revenue and profit margin goals while leading multiple client projects of complex program scope and duration.
- Track record of achieving high level of customer satisfaction during the project execution. Customer centric focused on business successful outcomes
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships at the client executive level.
- Ability to effectively manage and resolve client escalations in an expedient manner.
- Perceived expert SME within external program management communities. Actively involved in driving thought leadership to effectively drive latest best in class practices.
- Extensive experience leading projects using Agile methodology and DevOps tool
- Experience in program recovery as required.
- Experience in managing large/complex and diverse global teams (50+ team members across business and technical roles)
- Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork, collaboration through effective change management and common vision
- Preferred higher education (Doctorate, Masters or Bachelor’s degree) however background experience 10 -15 years+ of Program Management and the ability to drive impact, is key.
- Professional Project/Program Management Accreditation (PMP Preferred)
- Agile or Scrum Master Certification
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.