|Location:||Mountain View, California, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building a highly resilient service which scales to 100s of billions of requests per day and growing each year? Do you enjoy navigating through ambiguity and providing technical leadership to a team of engineers to drive the service in the right direction? Are you enthusiastic about mentoring a global team with engineers across USA and Latin America? If so, do I have the job for you!
We are a part of the Substrate Identity team which is responsible for storing and accessing the M365 end user’s metadata in the cloud. We are investing in modernizing our technology stack to enable new use cases for M365 cloud customers and to offer even more meaningful end user experiences.
As part of this effort, we are building the next generation Locator Service for M365 Cloud which, given a user is responsible for locating the data for this user in the cloud. This is a very critical large-scale service that is called into 100s of billions of times in a day to find a user’s data.
We seek a Principal Engineer to help drive the vision for the Locator Service.
- Drive long-term architecture and detailed design for a highly scalable distributed cloud service
- Ability to navigate through technical ambiguity and provide technical leadership to the team
- Deliver value through a strong collaborative approach spanning many teams across geographies
- Extensive development and unit testing experience in C#/C++
- Mentor and develop engineers across all levels through sharing and learning
- Proactively identify and resolve people, process, and technology issues to reduce incident mitigation time
- Be a role model for open, honest, and inclusive approach to problem solving
- 8+ years of hands-on software design and coding experience
- A proven track record of customer-focused innovation driving requirements and high-level design.
- Design, implementation, debugging and testing of complex distributed services
- Customer/government security screening requirements, including Microsoft Cloud Background Check
- Strong communication skills and experience working across disciplines and functions
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.