|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Microsoft Health Next, our goal is to accelerate innovation by bringing new AI and cloud- based services to life, to improve health outcomes and lower costs. Our team drives the cross-company strategy for healthcare and life sciences, and applies Microsoft's deep technical assets to improve healthcare and health equity around the world. We focus on technologies we believe will shape the industry in the 3-10 year time horizon, and bridge Microsoft Research and commercial products, as well as work on deep AI collaborations with customers and partners. One very important such area is medical imaging.
Our team has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Applied Data Scientist who will develop cutting edge machine learning solutions and tools to change the way medical images are interpreted, transforming the work of clinicians and improving patient outcomes. The candidate will be responsible for the design, development, and execution of an exciting medical imaging AI agenda in collaboration with other machine learning and systems experts, clinicians and designers.
The ideal candidate will have a strong intellectual curiosity and passion to solve real-world problems in healthcare. The responsibilities will include:
- Democratize medical imaging AI, empowering clinical partners to build and deploy state of the art medical imaging AI solutions
- Design, implement and evaluate machine learning algorithms which consider key factors about clinical workflows.
- Support the strategic planning of the team by providing research leadership.
- Publishing work at top conferences and journals such as: NeurIPS, ICML, Nature, MICCAI.
- Engage with clinicians and domain experts to shape the research for maximum impact and relevance.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field and 7 years of related work experience, or B.S. and 10 years of related work experience
- 5+ years' experience in machine learning applications including deep learning in medical imaging or computer vision
- Experience working with at least one of the following ML frameworks: PyTorch, TensorFlow, or Keras
- Demonstrated proficiency in one of the following: Python, C/C++, Java, or C#
- PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience solving cloud scale problems
- Experience with one or more of the following computing platforms: Spark, HDInsight, DataBricks, Hadoop, MapReduce, etc.
- Publications at top conferences and journals such as: NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, MICCAI, Nature, CVPR, ICCV …)
- Demonstrated end-to-end project leadership
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.