|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Commerce and Revenue Services team, under Cloud + Ecosystems, delivers core services at scale that power large scale commerce across Microsoft. Our mission is to provide the richest commerce capabilities that enables growth for Microsoft through business model innovations. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineering Lead to join us in our work to accelerate the pace of our innovation, improve the resiliency and scalability of the invoicing system. Invoicing is a key component that is both customer facing and financial impacting to the company.
If you thrive on innovation and big challenges and want to be a part of a big bet for our company’s success, we would love to talk with you about joining our team! This is a great opportunity to build on your skills and experiences and have a real impact on the future of our business in a fast-paced and competitive market. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Understand complex business use cases and requirements driving the Microsoft Commerce platform and translate them to team specific work.
- Drive the end-to-end design, implementation, testing and rollout of distributed large-scale web services and applications, collaborating within team, with partners and with stakeholders.
- Develop and build monitoring, diagnostics and analytics system at scale for these.
- Conduct on-call duties and live site support periodically to ensure high service reliability and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate effectively in a team environment and across teams. Lead technical design & code reviews, mentor junior members of the team, provide feedback to improve overall quality and effectiveness of team.
- Use data to develop insights and guide business decisions.
- A proven track record of 5+ years in professional software development, including experience shipping mainstream products and services through multiple product life cycles.
- Demonstrated experience building and running high-scale, fault-tolerant and performant distributed systems on cloud technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with multi-tier system architecture, design patterns and abstractions.
- Feature design and programming experience using C#, Java, or C/C++ with focus on middle tier and/or backend services.
- Strong communication, collaboration and teamwork skills along with ability to provide technical leadership to team.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience working with the following platforms and technologies: Azure or similar cloud platforms, .NET, SQL Server / NoSQL, MVC, Powershell
- Project experience with the DevOps model including methodologies of Continuous Delivery, Telemetry/Analytics, Flighting/Experimentation, Test Driven Development, and Testing in Production.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems independently across layers of unfamiliar micro-services.
- Demonstrated success growing engineers through mentoring, collaboration and coaching.
- Drive for system resiliency and efficiency through automation.
- Experience with commerce platforms at Microsoft or elsewhere.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.