|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
We are seeking an Embedded Systems Technical Program Manager to come join our team. This role involves working with multiple R&D groups internal and external to Microsoft to collaborate on emerging technologies and helping to incubate those technologies to production-ready states. To do so, you will coordinate development activities across multiple organizations bridging hardware, software, firmware, and more. This role requires a solid understanding – and experience with – embedded systems and related component design.
- Leadership with silicon and sensor evaluations with multiple vendors.
- Driving architectural requirements derived from product planning into hardware and software teams.
- Partnering with silicon vendor(s) to co-develop plans for development board bring-up.
- Managing schedules, deliverables, product costs, and budgets.
- Managing vendor engagements, including initial vendor selection, contract generation, budget planning, and negotiations.
- Organizing, presenting, and documenting technical and program reviews/status to Senior Management.
- 4+ years of experience in program management within a product development and engineering team.
- Experience with embedded systems design.
- Hardware development experience.
- Demonstrated cross-functional and cross-org experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- B.S./M.S. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or similar.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.