|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role
Web Experience Collective is looking for a customer-focused UX Ops PM to join the UX Ops team to help drive Design Web Experience Collective and other important services in the Web Experience and Technology Division. Our team's vision is to create professional, seamless, and friction-free experiences that enable our customers to work less and accomplish more. We strive to transform Microsoft’s powerful and complex technologies into experiences that customers will love.
We consider the UX Ops Discipline to be the “COO” of our team, collaborating across multiple disciplines and cross-functionally with multiple organizations: Marketing, Engineering, Product Management, Data Science, and with Senior Leadership team. UX operations PM excel at creating clarity and driving design excellence in often-changing and ambiguous environments.
UX Ops PM manages three key areas:
Design Program Management — the UX Ops PM works closely with our Design and Research Leads to drive our operational strategy and raise the bar of our practice. This includes building and overseeing our roadmap, and supporting organizational development efforts such as hiring, onboarding, and career development.
Creative Operations — the UX Ops PM partners with Design Managers and works closely with designers to create and refine briefs, facilitate design reviews, and explore better ways to prototype creative solutions, ensuring we are building the best solutions for the right problems at the right time.
Production Operations — the UX Ops PM is responsible for creating efficiencies in the design and production process, enabling designers to stay focused on delivering high quality work on time.
As a UX Operations PM 2, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support Design, Engineering and PM partners to drive design deliverables for each product cycle
- Drive the design team's rhythm of business and operations
- Evaluate the team's design process to find efficiencies and create supporting documentation
- Partner with design leads to identify capacity and help forecast for design workloads; allocate work to design contributors accordingly
- Manage design work items, scope and requirements, work-back calendar/schedules, and design deliverables
- Facilitate design reviews and ensure action items are captured and communicated
- Keep a pulse on team health and morale; generate positive energy
- Propose new tools and process to optimize on cross team collaboration
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience managing projects and coordinating the efforts of multiple teams across the business
- Self-starter with demonstrable understanding of user experience and design
- Understands how to utilize design specialties and how/when to integrate with partnering teams (PM, engineering, data science, marketing, and content teams)
- Customer-centric mindset with a solid understating of the importance of qualitative and quantitative research
- Familiarity and working knowledge of current design or management tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe suite, PowerBI, Excel, DevOps, and others)
- Awareness of inclusive design and how it supports Microsoft's mission
- Willingness to question established thinking in pursuit of better outcomes
- Familiarity with agile or lean methodologies
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.