|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Business Process Outsource (BPO) Operations is responsible for the execution of contracting, performance management, and delivering business services in support of a wide range of business units within Microsoft. Our Mission is to be trusted advisors who anticipate and operationally execute our services and create value to both Microsoft and our Customers.
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
In this role, you will be the foundation of the Microsoft teams that are responsible for driving high AI technology such as AI assistance to people’s daily life, meeting captioning, etc. You will be responsible for managing a team of data analysts and lead data analysts whose tasks include quality speech transcription, judgments, statistical analysis on large data sets, pattern analysis and labeling on documents, annotating ground truth as input for machine learning algorithms etc.
As a transcription specialist manager, you will:
- Be the people manager to a team of data analysts and lead data analysts
- Understand the human aspects of work, encouraging your directs to always put on their best performance, but understanding and allowing them to grow
- Lead a large dynamic group of people to deliver data of best quality in a dynamic, ever-changing field
- Recruit, train, grow and retain a large team of data analysts
- Develop and manage a repeatable framework
- Work with the AI engineering program management team on judgment guidelines, audit quality and throughput processes
- Define success metrics for the deliverables that map to customer satisfaction
- Evaluate and monitor the data analyst team’s production key success indicators
- Identify opportunities for improving efficiencies and drive efficiency on assigned tasks
- Identify risks and opportunities and keep the senior management informed
- Bachelors degree or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or 5 years of practical work experience
- Fluent in English – both written and spoken
- Experience in transcription or annotation
- Excellent communication skills – both written and spoken
- Skilled at defining processes and guidelines
- Motivated to work with internationally and geographically distributed teams
- Entrepreneurial mindset, possess a high energy level to react to situations quickly and decisively
- Experience in language/linguistic/localization/computational-linguistics
- Experience in language technology including Speech
- Proficient in multiple required languages
- Some understanding of machine learning a plus
- Relevant certifications
- Native speaker of one of the languages on the team you are going to manage. Knowledge of that language’s spelling, vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation, accents and intent
- Native speaker of English, United States
- Native speaker of French, Canada
- Native speaker of Brazilian Portuguese, Brazil
- Native speaker of Arabic, Algeria
- Native speaker of Arabic, Saudi Arabia
- Native speaker of Spanish, Mexico
- Native speaker of Spanish, Argentina
- Native speaker of Spanish, Colombia
- Native speaker of Spanish, United States
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.