|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Office 365 is the heart of the Microsoft Cloud and as such is critical to our mobile-first, cloud first vision; O365 provides Microsoft Software as a Service offerings to our customers. Our enterprise customers expect our cloud to operate with trust and transparency, and a central pillar of this proposition is that we maintain strong and consistent engineering capabilities for security and compliance scaled across hundreds of services running at hyper-scale. The Office 365 team is building the infrastructure and processes to ensure that we can demonstrate the trust and transparency that our customers, regulators and auditors demand. This includes building a scalable, accurate and complete system of asset inventory, engineering requirements and system health. These systems and processes will touch every team and will be used not only to keep the cloud running securely, but to demonstrate this through evidence. We are replacing traditional IT processes and systems with their hyper-scale equivalents, as well as architecting our security and compliance processes so that they are consumable by our customers.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced PM with proven compliance, security, communication, and project management skills in a fast paced and agile environment. We are looking for someone who has the technical depth required to effectively communicate with SMEs from Compliance, Security, Engineering, Operations, Support, and other disciplines.
- Represent Microsoft’s controls to the internal Microsoft Engineering community.
- Help identify and evolve an onboarding strategy to ensure the Compliance Program keeps pace with O365’s rapid growth while reducing the impact on operational teams
- Facilitate cross group collaboration in Office 365 Trust by establishing partnerships with other teams with the overarching goal of improving trust of Microsoft and its products.
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal engineering groups and product teams with understanding of various Compliance obligations, and working with them to develop roadmaps to achieve these.
- Influence and provide input into the Office 365 Trust programs when possible.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience executing security or compliance programs.
- Direct experience with security, compliance and regulatory frameworks- including PCI DSS, ISO 27001, SSAE/SOC 1 and 2, FedRAMP, Privacy, NIST certification and accreditation processes
- Experience with IT operations techniques and diverse IT architectures; specific knowledge of hyper-scale cloud products is a plus
- CISA, CISSP, ISO 27001 or other compliance related certifications are a plus
- Ability to collaborate with partners, deliver cross-group projects, and drive change
- Strong written/oral communication and ability to clearly articulate ideas for executive level consumption as well as technical staff consumption
- Strong technical problem-solving and analytical skills with ability to interview engineers on technical subject matter as well as briefing executive level stakeholders
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.