|Job Type:||Full Time|
It is a mobile first, cloud first world and we’re empowering it. Microsoft Azure is at the heart of the Microsoft Cloud providing the backend infrastructure for hyper-scale distributed and dynamic computing. Our team within Azure provides the software platform which enables internal Microsoft services (including Office 365, Bing.com, XBOX Live, Skype, and OneDrive) as well as many external customers to run their large-scale mission-critical Cloud applications for their businesses.
We are looking for world-class software developers to help us continue to evolve, expand, and define our software platform and infrastructure. Some of the many areas we are tackling include ring 0 and (-1) core infrastructure services, five 9s (99.999%) reliability, fault-tolerance, distributed service monitoring, operational efficiency within the datacenter hardware lifecycle, performance metrics collection/analysis, alerting, visualization, device operations, and coordination of node diagnostics and repairs.
This is a fun and fast-paced environment and a great opportunity to work on something highly strategic to Microsoft and extremely relevant in the industry. There are very few opportunities in Computer Science which have the potential impact to work at the massive scale like we do. If you’re like us and passionate about building robust highly distributed software systems defining the backbone to the Microsoft Cloud, let’s talk
- Design and code solutions that improve the management of remote systems.
- Provide new features for Microsoft Cloud internal infrastructure software.
Keep infrastructure services running and deliver code updates on a regular cadence to improve performance and reliability.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field of study OR equivalent industry experience
- Passion for designing and writing great fault-tolerant, resilient code
- Fluent in C#, C/C++, or Java, programming languages
- Previous experience in delivering cross-platform software
- Previous experience in one or more of the following areas: large scale Internet applications, operating systems, distributed systems, client/server and multi-tier architecture, and asynchronous and multi-threaded programming
- Strong problem-solving skills, drive for results, and ability to work independently
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.