|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you like to join one of the fastest-growing team within Microsoft Azure Engineering? Are you constantly customer-obsessed, and focused on enhancing customer experience? Are you passionate about cloud computing and love the challenge of solving the most complex problems to improve the Microsoft customer experience? Are you empathetic, curious, and enthusiastic about transferring your ideas into solutions for some of the most challenging technical problems of our generation with a belief that data driven processes lead to great products?
With that in mind here is your opportunity to join the Azure Global Engineering team. We are a new team in the Azure C+E organization. We leverage Data to drive new market entry and operating models to support broad Azure expansion scenarios to new countries, government, financial services, and other regulated industries.
We are at the center of Microsoft Azure, providing a common operational framework for cloud services and insight providers. We own the platform and experiences for analyzing all kinds of service-related data to provide actionable insights and policy-based guidance for service metrics to meet organizational targets and best practices across the spectrum of service fundamentals like reliability, security, performance, privacy, COGS etc. We deal with truly big data (PBs) from all Azure services, in both streaming and batch mode, to extract insights and metrics. Core to our mission is collecting the right data on a massive scale and making it actionable. Building out computational logic on a massive scale that processes tons of data will be a routine part of the job.
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented Principal Engineering Manager who can think outside the box, harness the huge amount and variety of service data we have access to, and come up with innovative ideas for solutions and actionable insights that make running world-class services easy. You will work with a very talented set of software developers and data scientists to deliver high visibility and high impact projects that help drive Microsoft’s goals.
- Help to define the technical direction of the team and drive the actual architecture/design/implementations with special emphasis on ensuring craftsmanship, quality, and performance through sound engineering processes.
- Establish team rhythm of business and communication flows with partners.
- Actively work with peers, partners, and teams across the world to drive collaboration, planning, and technical direction.
- Develop and grow talents.
- Support learning and innovation.
- Support recruiting efforts and ensure we are bringing top talents to the team.
We celebrate team cultural values of being:
- Open to listening to and incorporating feedback, bringing people together to brainstorm and communicate ideas.
- Customer-obsessed, both for the engineers relying on what Inference team delivers and for our external customers.
- Support continual learning.
- Extensive writing and communication to support transparency culture.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in CS, EE or equivalent combination of experience, work and/or education in lieu of a degree
- 8+ years of experience in designing, developing, and shipping software.
- 2+ years of experience managing engineering team of 4+ people.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong design, programming, and algorithm design skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the success of others. As a leader in the team, you will be expected to mentor and manage others.
- Quick learner who thrives in an ambiguous environment.
- Experience in Bigdata, machine leaning, data science is a big bonus.
- Prior experience with development in large low-latency high-volume services, experience with service-oriented development and cloud-based systems.
- Enjoy learning and ramping up on new technologies quickly.
- Passion for data-driven decision making.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.