Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Join an innovative, dynamic, data-driven performance marketing team that relentlessly strives to develop breakthrough creative and relevant messaging strategies to deliver new card member value across an omni-channel platform. This role will be responsible for supporting Acquisition channels to deliver upon business strategies through tactical campaigns and initiatives and will serve as the primary point of contact for business partners at the project level. Creates and drives change, leading collaborative, cross functional efforts across Acquisitions to ensure alignment across teams that will drive the implementation of new creative strategic solutions and address business challenges.
- Responsible for understanding and reporting on broader consumer environment, trends, social and industry activities that impact Discover as new opportunities or threats, assigns value/risk and prioritizes areas to advance with leadership
- Develops and leads a new cross-functional initiative planning process to translate business strategy into creative strategy that lead to more effective communications
- Responsible for and oversees development of new creative strategy frameworks to ensure governance around management and implementation of Brand, Product, and Program communication strategies across the enterprise
- Leads cross-functional forum(s) that works collaboratively with business and channel partners to gather, distill, document and share out substantial learnings and results, leads cross-functional share-outs and develops use cases to implement new test and learn strategies across Acquisition
- Leads the quarterly planning process with key business partners through the lens of developing new consumer first ideas and solutions to address business problems
- Leads creative briefing with partners, establishes project timelines, and owns responsibility of proactively managing and communicating expectations and/or implications with the business, channel and creative partners
- Leads the facilitation and development of journey mapping across the consumer decision journey to drive user experiences that address business challenges/channel gaps
- Responsible for managing relationships and maintaining favorable contacts to ensure partners needs and requirements are met
- Ensure that all agency team members are informed, clear on expectations and have proper resources to manage jobs & Collaborates with Consumer Insights, E-Business, Media, Creative and where necessary other Agency partners within the project management process
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Marketing or related field
- 8+ years’ experience with Creative Strategist, Communications Strategy, Advertising Account Planner, or related
- In lieu of education, 12+ years’ experience with Creative Strategist, Communications Strategy, Advertising Account Planner, or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Masters’ Degree in Communications or related field
- 10+ years’ experience with Creative Strategist, Communications Strategy, Advertising Account Planner, or related
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.