|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft’s core cloud platforms and services that millions of people use every day. CO+I builds and operates the foundation upon which Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and organization comes to life.
Are you passionate about cloud computing? Do you get excited about transforming Microsoft’s most critical business through automation, data and intelligence? If so, come and help us build the most reliable & efficient datacenter infrastructure on the planet. The CO+I Critical Environment Hardware and Solutions Engineering (CEHSE) team is responsible for designing and delivering solutions to support datacenter operations and to improve availability. CESE is helping to drive CO+I’s transition to a Customer centric live service culture. As a Service Engineer, you will a key player in this transition.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
As a Critical Environment Hardware Solutions Software Engineer, you will:
- Develop and implement solutions that directly impact the ability of our Data Centers to respond to a rapidly changing environment and that drives operational excellence.
- Research, Identify, and implement key insights that leverage data from logical and physical systems that impact availability of our Cloud resources.
- Assist teams and individuals across the business in framing questions, defining goals and constructing aligned, accurate and actionable metrics to track performance.
- Identify opportunities and drive the implementation of automation to improve service health, manageability, reliability and telemetry.
- Partner closely with Datacenter Services (DCS) Field Operations teams to develop applications or identify key insights that solve problems in the areas of datacenter physical infrastructure availability, incident management, and safety.
- 4+ years of experience with full-stack troubleshooting across networks, applications, hardware, management fabric or distributed services layers.
- 2+ years hands on experience working with physical IT infrastructure (Servers or Networking) with a focus on gathering, analyzing or acting on telemetry from related systems.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Working knowledge of Electrical or Mechanical fundamentals used within a Data Center. (Volts vs Amps, CFM, etc.…)
- Product or Feature management experience obtained by taking 2 or more products from planning to release.
- 2+ years of strong hands on experience with Data Centric applications. (SQL, Kusto, etc.…)
- Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity and work independently to derive actionable solutions.
- Ability to collaborate across the globe with diverse teams and be able to travel as necessary to learn and support operations in US and internationally.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.