|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who are we and what do we do?
The Modern Life and Windows planning team is a collection of former consultants, investment bankers and corporate finance professionals residing in Microsoft’s Finance organization. We are tasked with driving long term strategic planning for our $20B+ consumer businesses inclusive of Windows, M365, OneDrive, Outlook, Teams, Bing, MSN and Edge. Our team is a thought leader and trusted business partner for complex business challenges such as pricing, business model, product planning, financial planning, strategy, partnerships and M&A.
We are hiring a Manager who will be focused on the multi-billion dollar Windows business, assisting our executive management in running the business while reimagining the future of personal computing. This role is focused on influencing pricing, investments, product roadmap and incubations in close collaboration with Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing, and Finance. This individual will develop assertions triangulating between customer needs, competitive landscape, OEM partner dynamics, value chain analysis, product roadmap, and financial evaluation.
Sample recent projects include:
- Developed financial models to plan for multi-year Windows pricing and investment strategy
- Performed deal framing and economic analysis for a joint venture
- Formulated business case and strategy for Windows’ <$500 competitive response
- Developed competitive landscape and value chain analysis to assist CVPs in Windows corporate strategy
Looking for tech and business rock stars with a passion for finance
We are looking for people who thrive under ambiguous challenges, work in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for technology, partner well with executives, and roll-up their sleeves to drive data-based analysis. Ability to frame a complex problem, solid analytical skills, and intellectual curiosity are key to success within our team.
- Support Pricing, Investments, Go-To-Market, Forecasting and Business/Corporate Development outcomes with sound financial analysis
- Analyze business results, customer behavior, OEM dynamics and competitive threats, developing insights spanning business performance, technology trends, scenario analysis, and market outlook
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities
- Plan and steer emerging incubations from a business and finance perspective
- Evaluate strategic options for future Windows offerings, including business model, packaging, pricing and licensing
- Partner with the broader organization to drive executive decisions and execution of new offerings
Here is what we would love for you to bring to this role or be passionate to learn about:
- Structured thinking and framing skills
- Data driven
- Financial modeling
- Executive presence
- Strong communication, collaboration skills and adaptability
- Passion for technology, business models and economic analysis
- 2+ years’ experience in either management consulting, banking, corporate finance, corporate strategy
- MBA a plus but not required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.