|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who are we and what do we do?
The Modern LifePlanningteam is a collection of former consultants, investment bankers and corporate finance professionals residing in Microsoft’s Finance organization. We are tasked with driving long term strategic planning for our $20B+ consumer businesses inclusive of Windows, M365, OneDrive, Outlook, Teams, Bing, MSN and Edge. Our team is a thought leader and trusted business partner for complex business challenges such as pricing, business model, product planning, financial planning, strategy, partnerships and M&A.
We are hiring a Manager to join our teamandassist our executive management in running the business while reimagining the future ofconsumer servicesand technology.This role is focused on influencing business model, investments, product roadmap and incubations in close collaboration with Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing, and Finance. This individual will develop assertions triangulating between customer needs, competitive landscape, partner dynamics, value chain analysis, product roadmap, and financial evaluation.
Sample recent projects include:
- Business case and strategy for expanding portfolio of subscriptionservices
- Competitive landscape/benchmarking and value chain analysis to focused on key consumerverticals
- Expanded cross company long rangeplan
- Deal framing and economic analysis for a potentialacquisition
Looking for tech and business rock stars with a passion for finance
We are looking for people who thrive under ambiguous challenges, work in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for technology, partner well with executives, and roll-up their sleeves to drive data-based analysis. Ability to frame a complex problem, solid analytical skills, and intellectual curiosity are key to success within our team.
- Support Pricing, Investments, Go-To-Market, Forecasting and Business/Corporate Development outcomes with sound financial analysisandmodeling
- Analyze business results, customer behavior,partnerdynamics and competitive threats, developing insights spanning business performance, technology trends, scenario analysis, and marketoutlook
- Help evaluate new business opportunities,emerging incubationsas well asstrategic options for futureModern Life/consumerofferings, including business model, packaging, pricing andlicensing
- Partner with the broader organization tohelpdrive executive decisions and execution of newofferings
Here is what we would love for you to bring to this role or be passionate to learn about:
- Structured thinking and framing skills
- Financial analysisandmodeling skills
- Executive presence
- Strong communication, collaboration skills and adaptability
- Passion for technology, business models and economic analysis
- 2+ years’ experience in either management consulting, banking, corporate finance, corporate strategy
- MBA a plus but notrequired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.