|Job Type:||Full Time|
Global Financial Services (GFS) supportsthe digital transformation journey of Microsoft’s customers, partners & vendors by providing competitive credit and payment solutions to support revenue growth while managing credit risk. We are a compliance first organization with customer obsession and deal economics focus. We support $120B in trade receivables and $11B in payment solutions per year in global markets.
TheInfrastructure and Analytics team, as part of GFS, is focused on leveraging technology to deliver world class solutions and process efficiencyfor GFS. We support all aspects of work in GFS from credit risk reviews,cash collections and operational efficiency tobusiness analytics andcompliant reporting.We are looking for astrong project manager who has deep comfort and capabilities inleveraging technologyto deliver key business capabilities.The individual should beatechnically savvy and operationally disciplinedprofessionalwith a proven record of successfully delivering medium-sized, cross-disciplinetechnology solutionsforafinance or business operations team.Some of the recent projects delivered by this team include building amachine learning based approach to credit risk management, a workflow tool for deal reviews,approvals,and processingof requestsandastate-of-the-artbusiness intelligence capability leveragingAzure based Power BI reporting.
This role’s responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively across disciplines and engaging with stakeholders to frame, structure and prioritize business problems where technology-based solutions can have animpact
- End to end ownership of a project includingdefiningscope,identifying core teamandcross-functional stakeholders, schedule management, and trackingsuccess
- Presentation of program status and issues to management on a regular and consistent basis
- Providing input represented in both business and technical terms with descriptive requirements and design including mock-ups and process workflows
- Creating high quality features and user stories including testableacceptancecriteria
- Ensuring projects consistently meet standards and policies (security, privacy, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple releases at the same time using the agile sprint delivery model
- Understanding technical architecture to determine project impacts
- Managingvendorengineering teams to ensure on-time project delivery
- Managing and working with the business to clean and prioritize product backlogs
- Providing actionable detail for the engineering team on future project phase requirements
- Creating or capturing key business outcomes that can be used to measure the success of the technology being deployed
- Havinga good understanding of the business and finance needs and be willing to learn, engage and offer innovativeideas
- 5+ years ofprogram managementexperiencewith financial services and systems
- 3+ years operating as product owner (or related)building and leading products usingAgilemethodologies
- Bachelor'sdegreein finance, economics,accounting,computer scienceor related fieldis a plus
- Certification in project managementisaplus
- Demonstrated ability of managing or supporting technology deployment in SAP,workflow solutionsormachine learning is aplus
- Demonstrated ability tothrive in a fast-paced environmentandcollaboratingacrossgeographically distributedteams
- Strong leadership skills withrelentless drive for deliveringimpact
- Excellent written andverbalcommunications/presentation skillsand experience of presenting tosenior executives and decision makers
- Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure
- Demonstratedability to prioritize and drive business decisions with data
- Growth mindset andapassion for learning
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and comfortable working through ambiguity
- Compliance focus is a must
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.