|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building and launching technology focused on social good? We are seeking a high energy, technical program manager to accelerate nonprofit solution innovation and join one of Microsoft’s fastest paced industry solutions teams.
Microsoft’s Tech for Social Impact (TSI) launched in 2017 and delivers technology to over 200,000 nonprofits and UN agencies worldwide. TSI is mission-driven and balances its social impact work with the need to maintain a sustainable business model for how Microsoft scales digital transformation across the global nonprofit sector.
The Tech for Social Impact Engineering team sets the pace across Microsoft for rapidly developing nonprofit technology solutions anchored to the Common Data Model for Nonprofits that leverage Microsoft Business Applications, Azure, and Modern Work platform capabilities. We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to author and prioritize user stories and requirements needed to deliver valuable, usable, and feasible solutions to market. This individual will hone their nonprofit market expertise to deliver competitively priced fundraising, program delivery, finance, operations, and analytics solutions.
Success for this role will mean partnering with Tech for Social Impact Industry Solutions and engineering to deliver a strategic solution roadmap, understanding the business problems and challenges that nonprofits worldwide are facing; gathering use cases and feedback from nonprofit prospects, customers, and strategic partners; leveraging data and telemetry to inform strategic prioritization, employing product discovery and agile development best practices, partnering with design and engineering to a/b test prototypes and iterate daily, and delivering reliable, accessible, and secure solutions into market.
- Translate market and nonprofit organization problems to be solved into solution roadmap priorities to invest in.
- Develop relationships with nonprofit organizations, partners, and industry thought leaders to grow an understanding of unmet, articulated, and unarticulated needs of our growing global user base.
- Develop opportunity assessments in partnership with TSI business planners to inform target addressable market, return on investment, and revenue projections necessary to understand the impact and return on specific solution investments.
- Contribute to a culture of user discovery, transparency, and accountability in driving a continuously improving Agile development model.
- Serve as Product Owner in partnership with Tech for Social Impact Engineering. Lead daily stand ups and manage team’s execution on solution backlogs, leveraging Azure Dev Ops to ensure we deliver priorities on time and to a high standard of quality, security, and accessibility.
- Partner with TSI, Business Applications, Modern Work, and Azure business stakeholders to leverage platform advancements aligned to nonprofit market needs. Proactively identify platform enhancements that will require refactoring and TSI Engineering development to ensure nonprofit organizations and ISV partners stay forward and backward compatible with major platform upgrades.
- Leverage data and insights to inform roadmap priorities and investment themes.
- Define experiments to validate or invalidate hypotheses with results that ultimately lead to more informed prioritization.
- Generate scenarios based on common frameworks like SWOT analysis to inform engineering decisions.
- Partner with Tech for Social Impact Engineering to ensure solution packaging, deployment, documentation, and solution support deliver easy-to-consume and upgrade solutions to the nonprofit market, measurable user satisfaction.
- Develop go-to-market content, enablement materials, technical documentation, demos, to ensure the successful launch of solutions.
- Inform sales enablement, lead flow management, support cause routing and triage, and customer success measures to ensure a positive nonprofit user journey is delivered to the market.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or equivalent alternative education, skills and/or practical experience
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience working with nonprofit fundraising, program delivery, finance, operations, data management, and analytics users and use cases
- Experience working with marketing, analytics, Customer Insights, Azure, and related technologies
- Ability to effectively partner with engineering team members located in multiple time zones
- Ability to quickly absorb and master new technology and platform capabilities
- 3+ years of experience partnering with engineering, product design, testers, support engineers, and business leaders to deliver high quality and on-time solutions
- 3+ years of defining requirements, managing a backlog, and providing rationale to back recommended roadmap and investment tradeoffs
- Experience working with information security, governance and compliance teams
- Ability to plan, organize and execute work while driving clarity in ambiguous situations
- Use of AzureDevOps, JIRA, or comparable development environment to manage requirements, sprints, and team velocity and capacity
- Experience leveraging lean, agile, and design-based development methodologies (e.g. SAFe, Scrum, Kanban) to lower risk, raise value, and ensure rapid user feedback and iterations
- Knowledge of Microsoft's Dynamics 365, Power Platform, Azure, Customer Insights and Dynamics Marketing technologies
- Self-directed ongoing learner willing to pursue platform technology and product management certifications
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.