|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is looking for a Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) to work with Partners to build an ecosystem of data modernization solutions, encompassing the best of Microsoft and OSS technologies. The CSA is a mix of a hands-on, highly technical role and a strategic enablement role; accountable for working with Microsoft’s Partners to help architect and develop complex end-to-end Microsoft and OSS data solutions, and to accelerate and expand technical enablement execution across our Partner ecosystem.
In this role, you will own technical enablement strategy and engagement; working directly with Microsoft’s Partners to identify, qualify, architect, and help develop Apps and Data solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer/partner facing roles and have demonstrated success leading technical and economic value discussions with senior executives to drive key decisions and implementation. Candidates need to possess the ability to impact and influence customers/partners with a high degree of autonomy, energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, and the drive to help develop solutions that create real and measurable business results.
- Drive sponsored enablement strategy across technical engagements to reinforce successful outcomes between Partners and Microsoft
- Drive the deployment of Partner solutions onto the Azure platform by working with Partners to envision, architect, and help build solutions
- Understand Partner’s business requirements, challenge assumptions to motivate change, identify, validate, and grow opportunities, in partnership with other MSFT teams to deliver tangible business value
- Strong thought leadership and collaboration with Engineering, Business Groups, Selling Teams, Learning & Readiness, and Exec teams
- Maintain deep technical expertise in SQL, OSS Data, and Azure technologies; understanding market trends in target industry, competitive insights, and industry regulatory/compliance requirements
- Establish relationships with key technical and non-technical decision makers to help drive long-term cloud adoption to resolve business problems and develop impactful solutions
- Direct collaboration with Solution Area Leads to reinforce targeted partner profiles, differentiated partner expertise, and a fast path to strategic partner share
- Expected travel up to 25%
- 5+ years of consulting experience with databases technologies such as relational (SQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc) and non-relational (MongoDB, NoSQL, Cassandra, etc) and Big Data (HortonWorks, Databricks, Hadoop, etc).
- 5+ years of implementation experience with analytical platforms such as data warehouse (Synapse, Netezza, Teradata), data pipeline (Data Factory, SSIS, Informatica) and business intelligence (Power BI, Analysis Services, Tableau, Qlik)
- 5+ years of experience writing code in one or more languages (T-SQL, Python, Scala, Spark, JAVA, etc.) using one or more IDEs (VS Code, Visual Studio, Management Studio, PyCharm, Jupyter Notebooks, etc.)
- Technical consulting and architecture experience on large-scale customer/partner engagements
- Deep understanding of Microsoft and OSS Data workloads and Cloud Computing, business drivers, and their impact on customer/partner opportunities
- Ability to create deep technical relationships and assess Partner technical capability; designing a time effective learning path and evaluate the progress toward the defined milestones
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences
- General passion and curiosity for new technology, approaches, and ideas that extends beyond where we the market is today and a dream of advancing cloud technology adoption
- Strategic development of broad visions and concepts into structured plans, actions and measurable metrics
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.