|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Experience & Success
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Experience & Success, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession
- Growth Mindset
- Diverse & Inclusive
- One Microsoft
- Making a difference
The Customer Relationship and Triage Manager is responsible for catching incoming customer issues and field escalations to the CSS Chief of Staff office, quickly triaging the issue across all technologies and SBUs in CSS and managing the resolution to completion. This involves proactive coordination, communication and real-time updates to senior executives on progress to resolution. Closing out progress and resolution will be required to provide feedback back to leadership and resolve customer satisfaction to increase customer loyalty.
In this role you will engage with key partners across CE&S, stakeholders, senior executives and partner closely with the Chief of Staff Office’ Operations Enablement leader.
- Leverage an understanding of the CSS business to intake, scope and drive resolution of customer issues, feedback and asks
- Identify, track and communicate ongoing updates, issues and risks to senior executives and leadership
- Quickly understand customer pain points and details to effectively drive resolution
- Leverage deep relationships within each CSS SBU to effectively and quickly partner on quick resolution
- Technical aptitude and understanding of case management tools & reporting
- Engage with CE&S shared services teams, algin on shared remediation plans.
- Communicate (both verbally and in writing) the overall status and aspects of a customer issue to different level leadership and stakeholders (partner, stakeholder, leader, executive)
- Successfully communicate resolution, outcomes and changes needed to operationally drive customer success for other customers
- Demonstrated action-oriented ability to drive issues to resolution
- Communication with internal Microsoft resources for case updates and action requests
- Preparation of executive briefing notes, encapsulating key talking points and relevant BI
- Direct communication with customers to promote case progress where necessary across multiple management levels, including executive leadership
- Assisting to set the proper expectations with customers for support
- Facilitation of meetings between customer account teams, internal support organizations and CE&S shared services teams to expedite actions plans and progress
This position requires significant cross-group coordination, and excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to drive collaborative discussions across the CSS business and leverage the CE&S wide shared services functions. Further, you will need to communicate at many organizational levels. You’ll develop and cultivate effective cross-functional relationships and successfully plan and partner across the CSS and CE&S businesses. You will bring strong Communication, Program Management, Technical and Operational skills, be passionate about, and able to understand and develop customer satisfaction strategies along with the ability to focus on the customer issue at hand.
As a Customer Relationship and Triage Manager within the CSS Chief of Staff office, you will need to be a high-energy, strategic thinker and agile self-starter. You will need to be a “systems thinker” to understand customer issues in the broad environment of sales, proactive and reactive support. Once the issue is identified, you must be able to work across org boundaries without direct reporting authority to communicate the issue, drive consensus on the solution and follow through to completion, including reporting back to executive leadership on progress and outcomes. You will need an aptitude for proactively seeking creative solutions to multifaceted problems, be extremely action oriented and have strong attention to detail. You must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively to drive resolution to complex problems across the CSS SBUs, Engineering Groups and CE&S shared services. An ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is required. You must have a demonstrated ability to work globally with and influence customers and leaders to resolve customer pain points.
In addition, the ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- 7 plus years of customer facing reactive or proactive support
- 7 plus years of technical, operational and/or delivery experience in technical support and/or managed services
- “Systems Thinker” who can understand complex issues and drive root cause resolution across multiple organizations
- Action oriented, proven track record for proactively driving resolution to large scale, complex customer support issues
- Proven experience working across organizational boundaries and driving resolution across many teams with no direct reporting authority
- A real passion for servicing customers
- Critical thinking (long term, preventative risk mitigation) and orchestration of complex support planning
- Consistent track record of driving strategy and influencing senior leaders
- Strong social, cross group collaboration, program management, time management and negotiation skills
- Evident industry knowledge and experience with the end-to-end customer support
- Ability to handle, track and communicate a multitude of details at many organizational levels for multiple customers and relay status promptly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly interpret data inputs, leveraging available BI reports
- The ability to work well in any situation pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Adept at working with other groups to identify and improve processes
- Ability to deliver tough messages diplomatically and quickly drive toward solutions to problems
- Proven ability to design and balance strategic priorities against tactical needs
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) in business administration, computer science or related field