|Job Type:||Full Time|
Providing leadership, cross-organizational alignment, consistency of approach, and ensuring effective conversations backed by quality data to our Corp and Field leader rhythms is core to this role. The Director, WW Rhythm of Connection Lead is responsible for building and operating the core leader connections between our field and corporate leaders to drive clarity and accountability for delivering business results across the 5 solution areas to enable customer & partners’ digital transformation success. These executive conversations shape our commercial go-to-market strategy, and significantly influence our product strategy across the commercial space.
You will lead the program design for the company’s commercial field connection strategy and drive collaboration across Solution Areas, Segments, and functional teams to help align leaders. You will also lead a senior virtual team of functional experts to drive all scheduling and logistics, discussion templates, and to source content for the Quarterly Business Conversation (QBC), Virtual Solution Unit (VSU) and Segment Corp to Area reviews. You will work closely with our most senior executives and their teams to ensure rigorous, insightful, and actionable discussions around market performance, business opportunities, and competitive position globally.
We are looking for someone who has a strong breadth of knowledge across Microsoft’s commercial business, is phenomenal at cross-team collaboration, and who has a history of solving tough problems in complex environments. This leader must demonstrate strong influence and impact skills. We are looking for people who are passionate about the field and overall success of Leader Rhythm of Connection!
Key responsibilities include:
- Build, own and operate the Corp to Field Leadership Rhythms strategy, working with senior leadership teams across Microsoft – ensuring effective, efficient, and timely conversations that are well structured and impactful.
- Lead cross-functional teams to identify the right topics and content areas, develop and source high quality data, and drive all logistical elements needed for execution.
- Drive flawless execution of Virtual Solution Unit and Quarterly Business Conversation meetings across Corp and Field teams: Meeting management, attendee models, scheduling, technology platform usage and capabilities.
- Work with the RoC content manager and production manager to build out the content and reporting structure that supports our Area QBC, VSU, and Segment connection rhythms.
- Provide direction and coaching on RoC efforts across Corp and Field RoC stakeholders.
- Summarize key issues and business insights, and support executive-level discussions around top field issues, feedback, and requests.
- Ensure strong readiness and guidance across the Leadership Rhythms with our BSO and BPM field communities.
- 10 years of demonstrated ability to lead high performing v-teams in business operations, marketing, services and/or sales.
- Effective finance/analytical and project/program management skills and ability to deliver well-orchestrated and coordinated connection meetings, while addressing the needs of competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a global team, driving successful outcomes with virtual teams.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) required; Master’s Degree preferred.
Location/Travel: You will be based in Bellevue, WA. You can expect global travel to be approximately 10-20%. No travel required during COVID remote work period.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.